CRASH Object at Madeira Evolution X on P3D v3.4

Tony kim

There is no object where i crash position of LPMA evolution scenery

but I always crash and reloading P3D v3.4

I have installed 1.03 and lpma_apttfc.BGL file at scenery folder

What am i supposed to do next to figure out this abnormal situation?

Do i need to chage setting realism - ignore crash .. i don't want to do that..

please, help me :(

• Deputy Sheriffs

Yes, that's the way to go. Madeira is a very special airport being build on a sloped hillside. A lot of trick and tweaks had been used to make this scenery work.

Crash objects have been of low priority in development, and the way FSX/P3D implement them isn't too realistic either. So you actually don't lose too much by disabling crash detection. 

And as a matter of fact: if you crash your plane you know it anyway, and don't need the sim to tell you in red letters ;)

8 hours ago, AndreMP said:

Tony, from what I've read you should turn off the crash detection.

You can read more here: 

Cheers

I think that turning off crash detection is not a solution

People don't agree with that ....

8 hours ago, Tom A320 said:

Yes, that's the way to go. Madeira is a very special airport being build on a sloped hillside. A lot of trick and tweaks had been used to make this scenery work.

Crash objects have been of low priority in development, and the way FSX/P3D implement them isn't too realistic either. So you actually don't lose too much by disabling crash detection. 

And as a matter of fact: if you crash your plane you know it anyway, and don't need the sim to tell you in red letters ;)

Have you ever heard that the old version crashed before ?

This is the new one as you know the title "evolution"

it doesnot make sense ...

• Deputy Sheriffs

The old and the new version have nothing in common, they are completely different developments. 

I have given you the explanation why the developer chose it to be like it is at the moment. 

But I am sure he is reading your topic here. 

• Aerosoft
7 hours ago, Tony kim said:

I think that turning off crash detection is not a solution

People don't agree with that ....

You do realize that the majority of major airport scenery does not have crashable objects? Because FSX is buggy in this aspect most developers simply do not add crash detect boxes. You might have crash detect active but on many (most complex) airports you can still drive through the buildings.

To close this, this crash issue is a FS bug, it might very well be unfixable, if you do not want crash detect disabled you should not buy this.

Archived