Heathrow Mega Xtended airport will not show

Hi

I have recently downloaded and installed the mega xtended Heathrow airport scenery add-on. The install went as normal, and I can see the aerosoft file in my FSX (steam edition) file. However when I load up FSX and create a free flight, starting at Heathrow the add-on is not appearing... I have tried uninstalling and installing again but the same result is happening.

Can anybody help me out? much appreciated.

Callum 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Have you selected FSX or FSX:SE as platform in the installer? 

If your machine never ever saw an FSX, your FSX:SE will behave like FSX. In this case you would have to select FSX during installation. 

In case the above is true for your system you need to re-install the airport again. Please start the installer as administrator. 

when I installed the airport, I selected FSX:SE and not FSX.

Do I need to uninstall and then re install it (Run by admin) and select FSX instead of FSX:SE?

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

This is of interest as I have the same issue - I can see the folders under FSX steam with the Heathrow files but cannot add them in game (using the Scenery Library) as the game shows the folder(s) as empty.  (The folders are not empty as I can view the files by opening the folder(s) manually.)  Uninstalling and reinstalling as FSX (not FSX:SE) will fix this, too?
Many thanks.

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 26 Minuten, duddridge sagte:

This is of interest as I have the same issue - I can see the folders under FSX steam with the Heathrow files but cannot add them in game (using the Scenery Library) as the game shows the folder(s) as empty.  (The folders are not empty as I can view the files by opening the folder(s) manually.)  Uninstalling and reinstalling as FSX (not FSX:SE) will fix this, too?
Many thanks.

If you never had box FSX it will fix the issue, because then the installer register the addon automaticly.

Some more background Info:

Archived