Is there any realistic prospect of AES for P3D?

I have bought over £100 of credits for AES and enjoyed using them in FSX and FS9 before that. But I have now moved to P3D so AES is not available of course.

I know Oliver has been working hard to make AES compatible with FSX:Steam and P3D but is there any realistic prospect of AES ever being available for P3D etc?

There really should be a pinned topic about the future of AES. Perhaps a reply from Oliver to this question can be pinned. No disrespect to moderators but this is something only Oliver can answer so I'd appreciate hearing just from him. And please don't lock this topic. Customers should have the right to express an opinion.

Good Evening, Could I second Ray's comments but perhaps extend the scope to asking what is happening with AES in general? The future of AES is a topic that has never really been answered for well over Two years now, I also simply ask as a loyal customer. Whenever I have posted in the past the feedback is as if we have no right to question or even query the topic, and as Ray says the thread is normally closed without any resolution. In the words of the Legend that is Sir Bobby Robson " Its like deja vu all over again " (he got things mixed up now and again god bless him).

Kind Regards

Hewey

• Deputy Sheriffs

The latest answers of Oliver on this question are still valid:

This can also be found in the release notes of the latest release. 

Tom,

Thanks for the links. But those replies don't answer the question I asked. Is there any realistic prospect of AES working in P3D?

I'm not asking when it will be available. But if someone has been working on a problem for a considerable time and still hasn't found a solution there has to come a point when you give up.

So another question to Oliver might be... Are you close to giving up getting AES to work with P3D?

6 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Is there any realistic prospect of AES working in P3D?

Ray,

why else do you think Oliver would be working on it?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Ray, with all due respect, you are certainly a valued customer, but have you given it a thought that Oliver might have a good reason for not having given a time frame yet? 

This is not just fixing a problem as you just try to put it, but as it has been stated from the beginning a complete redevelopment. 

If I were Oliver I would be also careful in giving time frames I can't foresee yet. 

I am pretty sure that Oliver will post such a time frame immediately once his development is in a phase where he can safely give it. 

There is no need to try to press one out of him.

He has answered your question actually several times already, by stating that he is working on a new version that will cover all platforms. With all the upcoming 64bit platforms on the horizon it is a good idea to also wait for them to be released to get a complete picture. 

3 minutes ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

Ray,

why else do you think Oliver would be working on it?

Just because you're working on a problem that is no guarantee you can solve it. Some things may just be too difficult if you don't have the required knowledge.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I see no need to close this topic, unless the discussion would run out of control. 

Please be aware, that the forum itself also closes topics that haven't been active for a while (I think the trigger is somewhere around a year or so). 

Thanks Tom. I find it quite annoying that my earlier question has been marked as negative by two people. As a paying customer I am perfectly entitled to ask questions in a polite manner.

Wait a second Ray, you are a paying customer for the FSX/FS9 version of AES. Not for an FSX:SE/P3D version.

Nonetheless, being a paying customer or not, of course you are allowed to ask questions. And anyone is allowed to have whichever opinion they want on these questions. That's our understanding of democracy.

Hello All, I always read the comments whenever this topic comes up and feel here we go again, by " this topic " I mean the future development of AES. The current line is a perfectly reasonable request by Ray regarding P3D however the issue in my eye's is a far more general one with reference to information about AES. This has gone on for years, so much so I remember similar discussions about the future development in FS9. Obviously I can't speak for everybody, but I feel that these conversations kind of go round in circles and we always end back were we started, just a little more frustrated. All I/we ask for is a little enlightenment about the progress or direction, and although this may be something that doesn't happen with other products I feel AES is unique and its customers deserve it. Correct me if I am wrong but I can't think of anything like it within Flightsim, as a customer of the product it cost's a lot of money to service all the individual airports. Furthermore AES attracts a loyalty or following unlike any other product I can think off. Please never forget that the starting point is that I think AES is absolutely fantastic and for me a key part of the pastime I spend hours on and I feel a little info every now and again isn't a lot to ask for.

Kind Regards and Thanks

Hewey

On 22/04/2017 at 9:30 AM, Emanuel Hagen said:

Wait a second Ray, you are a paying customer for the FSX/FS9 version of AES. Not for an FSX:SE/P3D version.

Nonetheless, being a paying customer or not, of course you are allowed to ask questions. And anyone is allowed to have whichever opinion they want on these questions. That's our understanding of democracy.

Something Aerosoft might like to think about. I am a member of other forums and those have an option to like, agree or thank a post. There are no negative options. The idea being if you agree with a post then you have a way of showing it. I see no benefit of a negative choice. Aerosoft seems to be alone in that respect. May I respectfully suggest you remove the option to mark down a post.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Ray, please let me speak for myself in this regard, as I am not Aerosoft anyway. I actually like the downvotes. From time to time there are users around here with really strange ideas (to put it mildly). Such posts gather a huge amount of downvotes, which shows the poster that not only Aerosoft and the moderators here dislike what they wrote, but also lots of other users. 

In my opinion the downvotes help to keep discussions on a proper level. With upvotes only people quickly forget their good education. 

And while others forums like Avsim are independent this forum here is a company forum, and therefore part of the marketing of Aerosoft. This is one more reason to make sure to keep the tone of discussions on a proper level. 

Okay Tom, understood. But at least consider removing the anonymity so posters can see who likes or dislikes their comments. People might then consider more carefully marking down a post.

20 hours ago, Hewey said:

Hello All, I always read the comments whenever this topic comes up and feel here we go again, by " this topic " I mean the future development of AES. The current line is a perfectly reasonable request by Ray regarding P3D however the issue in my eye's is a far more general one with reference to information about AES. This has gone on for years, so much so I remember similar discussions about the future development in FS9. Obviously I can't speak for everybody, but I feel that these conversations kind of go round in circles and we always end back were we started, just a little more frustrated. All I/we ask for is a little enlightenment about the progress or direction, and although this may be something that doesn't happen with other products I feel AES is unique and its customers deserve it. Correct me if I am wrong but I can't think of anything like it within Flightsim, as a customer of the product it cost's a lot of money to service all the individual airports. Furthermore AES attracts a loyalty or following unlike any other product I can think off. Please never forget that the starting point is that I think AES is absolutely fantastic and for me a key part of the pastime I spend hours on and I feel a little info every now and again isn't a lot to ask for.

Kind Regards and Thanks

Hewey

We fully understand your point of view Hewey, I also hope you understand that as long as development is not in stages where clear statements can be made we do not want to make any guessing games. I am positive this is also in your interest in the end.

You can be rest assured that the moment we can say something for certain we will do so. We always did.

The last update from Oliver is just 3 months old and was linked by Tom above. In case you missed it:

That's all we can say at the moment. The moment there is more news you can be sure you will find it in our forums!

I think I speak for all when I say "Frustration with AES development knows no bounds." ......and I'm a FS niner. :lol: 

Edit* Judging by the minus marks I do not speak for all...my bad.  :lol: Ok I'll just speak for myself. :D

• 2 months later...

Well i don't understand why there still nothing clear on AES . It is clear for quite a few years and now obvious with v4 that the future of flight sim is with P3D.

It looks like nothing has been done all these years concerning AES and P3D. Worst FSX:SE is out for 3 years now and AES is still not compatible with it.

As many i purchased more than a 100 $ of AES credits, i have now FSX:SE and P3Dv4 and all i can do is just sit on my credits.

How a company which is a major player in the FS world do not see the future of his own business to this point ?

And of course most Aerosoft airport don't have moving jetways to favour AES and so we can't use it with GSX.

I can understand it takes time to devellop or adapt a product but FSX:SE is 3 years old and P3D 6 years old !!!

So should we consider AES dead except for old obsolete software like FS9 and FSX which are +10 yo?  Or if there is someone working seriously on it (and not as a part-time job aside of a reel job) ?

Sorry if the tone might be a bit harsh but i have been thru dozen of closed threads about this subject for more than 2 years and still don't understand what is Aerosoft policy concerning AES......

• Deputy Sheriffs

Before giving the readers of your post the impression, that AS or Oliver never made any statements about the future of AES or its current development status, I would kindly ask you to read just a few posts up and follow some given links.

Your tone is actually quite a bit harsh, and if you would seriously wanted to engage into a constructive conversation here, you would have chosen a different one. 

Why has my post been removed without any explanation? If I broke any forum rules then I should have been told. I haven't received any PMs.

But I don't believe I did so an explanation would be appreciated. Am I not allowed to pass comments on software I have bought from Aerosoft?

14 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Why has my post been removed without any explanation? If I broke any forum rules then I should have been told. I haven't received any PMs.

If we'd take the time to discuss rule violation with each and every guy doing one as we did with you in the past, we could employ several new staff right away.

You will not recieve a PM when we delete a post.

14 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Am I not allowed to pass comments on software I have bought from Aerosoft?

Sure you are, but our forums are part of our marketing and we do not tolerate comments like " I will not buy any Aerosoft airport [...]" or false statements like "[...] and Aerosoft are the only sellers of AES". You can buy it for example at >>Simmarket<<.

And this closes this offtopic discussion, we will not discuss why post xyz has been deleted any further.

I always feel Aerosoft miss the point with AES, most Customers have ALREADY bought the product by buying the credits in advance, thats whats unique about AES compared to other products. Surely you can see that 1) there is massive interest in AES due to how many people endlessly visit the forums to see if there has been an update and 2) The growing frustration of its Customers by the complete lack of info.  I know that RAy is a decent Bloke by his postings on this forum over YEARS and Im sure whatever has been said is due to complete Frustration at this topic which never goes away

8 minutes ago, Hewey said:

I always feel Aerosoft miss the point with AES, most Customers have ALREADY bought the product by buying the credits in advance

I am sorry, but I have to disagree. You bought Credits for AES for FSX and FS2004. You used these credits to activate airports in these simulators. And that's perfectly fine.
What you did not buy is any kind of AES for P3D. You bought AES Credits for FSX and FS2004, that's what is written on the productpages and what you agreed too with the contract.

Of course we see the interest in AES, all arguments have already been given in the past and you can find all explanations with a forumsearch. At this moment I do not believe there are still new arguments to be added to this discussion.

Archived