Please Help. Cannot stop MSVCR80.DLL crash again.

Hi, I keep getting the MSVCR80.DLL crash mainly when using Aerosoft airbus, I have all the latest C++ redistributable packages from 2005 to 2015 installed and updated. I done a complete factory reset of my PC and reinstalled FSX:SE, updated every driver on my pc using driver booster 4. I have only installed 3 add-ons this time,  UK2000 EGKK, EGLL and LIML. I have GSX installed too. How on earth does this keep happening? so frustrated. I have followed about 10 guides on here and other forums in the past with nothing seeming to work, just keep getting this CTD. Specs are below.

Intel Core i5-6400 2.70 GHz,

16Gb RAM,

1Tb Hard Drive,

120Gb SSD,

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Graphics

operating system is windows 10 64x 

It's the same one, and it's the only solution that anyone at Aerosoft will point you to as the error you've reported clearly shows it's a problem with your C++ files.  This is a problem with your system, not the Aerosoft software.  We've provided you with the solution, and since this is not a problem with the Aerosoft software I'm afraid there really isn't anything else we can do.  You might want to ask Microsoft for assistance with installing the C++ files.

My very best wishes to you.

The C++ files are basically instruction sets called by software programmed to use them (so the programmer doesn't have to write them all over again).  Software programmed to call them have to be able to find them, and in your case the instruction sets (C++ files) either don't exist or they can't be found (possibly due to a registry issues that re-installing them should resolve).

Taken from the AVSIM FSX CTD Guide:

MSVCR80.dll, MSVCR90.dll, MSVCR100, MSVCR120 – belongs to Microsoft Visual
Redistributable C++ 2005, 2008, 2010, or 2013/Visual Studio 2013 respectfully. The Visual
C++ Redistributable Packages install run-time components that are required to run C++
applications that are built by using Visual Studio. The install program for your application,
say P3D, will install the proper Visual if not already found on your system but sometimes
these are modified by other application installations or the user deletes the Visual or the
user used a backup program to install an P3D or FSX to a new Windows installation.

 Run the Microsoft.net Repair Tool – Whenever you get a Microsoft.net error or
Microsoft Visual C++ error (faulting module), run the Microsoft.net repair tool.

 Uninstall FSX SP2 if installed, uninstall it via the Windows Add/Remove program (it
will not remove FSX, just SP2). Restart your system. Reinstall FSX SP2. Restart
your system.

 Uninstall FSX Acceleration if installed, do the same procedure as for SP2 except
remove Acceleration, Restart, install Acceleration, Restart. These actions will not
remove your configuration files like FSX.cfg, scenery.cfg, dll.xml, exe.xml but if you
want to be safe, back them up first.

 If the above does not work, uninstall Microsoft Visual 2005, 2008, 2010, or VS 2013,
as appropriate, using your Add/Remove Programs. Go to the website (see section
above regarding Microsoft Visuals), download and reinstall.

NOTE:  Since you're running the Steam version (which is an updated version of FSX Acceleration), the second step does not apply to you, and the third step would be to Uninstall FSX:SE and reinstall.

Archived