SimStarter NG and AirTrafficManager

jjaycee

A couple of days ago i had to uninstall and the reinstall Simstarter NG. Before my uninstall I had SimStarter open up AirtafficManager by opening up Run Manager and adding the AirtrafficManager location to Simstarter.

I did the same with the new installation but now it does not open up the program.

Have i done something wrong and can yo help please?

A few things to try while you're waiting on a reply from Capt. Pero.

1) Make sure that you're using the correct Run ConfigSet.  Sometimes it gets inadvertently changed and if you don't catch it you'll run the wrong one.

2) The 'Run Manager', where you specify the items to run has a 'test' button at the bottom right side of the grid.  Try clicking on 'test' to see if Airtraffic Manager runs.  If it doesn't run in test mode then it most likely is not going to do so when you run the profile.  If test fails check path, options, etc.  Also, if it doesn't run in the test mode make sure that 'Wait until Sim is ready.' is unchecked, or the the program won't display because it is waiting for the sim..

3) Try taking a look at 'SIMstarter NG.log' in the application installed directory log folder to see if that is telling you anything.

Ernie

Many thanks for your prompt reply and advice. Thanks to you I now have it working again. I unticked "Wait until sim is ready" It tehn worked in both Test and when I started a profile.

Well I was wrong. Unfortunately it works and opens up ATManager at the beginning of me firing up P3D but it stops working due to a time out by the time i have chosen a flight and the flight starts loading.

I need to know what other aspects in Run Manager I need to choose, like Normal or realtime, Close program etc.

I need Capt Pero to respond I think unless you can help further?

10 minutes ago, jjaycee said:

unless you can help further?

I wish. :)  That exhausted my bag of tricks.  Capt Pero should be responding in the next couple of days.

Good luck,
Ernie

Thanks Ernie for your efforts. I thought it was resolved. I have ATManager available as I have pinned it to my my task bar but it is not the same.

When it working in SimStarter I would get a green bar on the top of my screen saying "Starting Programs" and it would pause while ATManager did it's thing. It doesn't do that anymore so it must be something in my Run Manager that is not getting through to the sim.

I await Capt Pero.

• Deputy Sheriffs
4 minutes ago, jjaycee said:

Any update please?

How about bit slowing down? Peter got your file yesterday and as he got a full time job in real life during the day, please do not expect 7x24 hour support ;)

• Developer

Looks like NG can't communicate to FSUIPC and you are running SIMstarter NG without Administrator Rights.

26-Apr-17 8:13:30 AM INFO      PROGRAM             RunAsAdministrator: False

Please read chapter 2.1.5 of the manual. This should solve the FSUIPC issue.

If not try to disable the "Wait sim ready" option for the TrafficManager.

I still don't get it working.

I reinstalled the programme, to where it was which is C\Aerosoft\Simstarter. It is not and never has been in C\Programs The installation was with Run as Administrator, and the Administrator logo is visible on the Simstarter.exe.

I have the Desktop shortcut appear on the desktop. I right click on the shortcut and go to Properties. I then click on Advanced and set it to Run as Administrator, and apply but get no Administrator logo appearing. I have set as Run as Administrator to all my Profile shortcuts but again no Administrator logo appears.

I then run a Profile by clicking Run as Administrator but no AirTrafficmanager runs. Simstarter shows during it's opening sequence that Run Programs has activated.

I now don't know what to do. Can I enter something into to the SimStarter NG Settings ini to make it run as administrator?

Could it be being blocked by Windows Defender?

Any ideas at all? 

You say it is not communicating with FSUIPC so how do I ensure it does and is it necessary because FSUIPC has it's own Traffic Limiter but I am not using that I am using AirTrafficManager for P3D.

What I cannot understand is that I have done nothing different than I did previously before reinstalling SimStarter

Archived