Airbus A320 ILS Problem.

I'm on approach (Final) holding at 2200 FT high for example a Vienna (LOWW) and it doesn't capture the ILS.

But at Stanstead  (EGSS) it perfectly captures it and I can land.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

vor 27 Minuten, FraPre sagte:

Hi,

LOWW has for Rwy 11 & 16 5000 ft , for Rwy 29 & 34  3000 ft at FAF for an ILS Approach.

That's what I wanted to end up with ; )... You need to make sure, that you have the correct altitude at the beginning of the ILS (FAF) . 

You should most definately read all of the charts applicable for your approach.

That is the STAR chart (if used), the final approahc chart (ILS Runway xx or whatever you fly), the Ground chart and the parking chart.

vor 28 Minuten, FlyTheFlag sagte:

Wich part of the approach charts do I have to read for the info of ILS interception ?

As Emi said, you should definitely read all charts, as they will guide you through the approach!

However, here's the answer:

On the upper drawing you can see the approach with all waypoints and distances and heights of possible obstacles from birds eye view.

On the lower one is the altitude profile and the height you need... In this case 5000 feet. You also have the waypoints in there and as you can see D13.0 or OEW is the FAF.

EDIT: This is page 68 from @FraPre's document above.

Please login to display this image.

Archived