Feature request regarding export to IvAp

Hello,

I just bought PFPX and want to Export flightplans to IvAp as well (Export Feature to "IVAO/IVAP (Default.fpl)"

I encountered the same prolems as described in this thread: http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/79233-x-ivap-how-do-i-load-a-plan/

I did some more Tests and were able to determine what the problem is: PFPX is using wrong Syntax for the export!

This is an example file that is created through PFPX export - The errors are marked red and how it should be is green one line below:

Orange lines below are not exported so it would be nice to get them added to a bugfix!

[FLIGHTPLAN]
ID=BOX981

CALLSIGN=BOX981
RULES=I
FLIGHTTYPE=S
NUMBER=1
ACTYPE=A332
WAKECAT=H
EQUIPMENT=SDE1FGHIJ1RWXYZ
TRANSPONDER=S
DEPICAO=ZSPD
DEPTIME=1540
SPEEDTYPE=K

SPEEDTYPE=N (or maybe M)
SPEED=0875

SPEED=0467 (value according to SPEEDTPE=N or M)
LEVELTYPE=S

LEVELTYPE=F
LEVEL=1220

LEVEL=380
ROUTE=K0875S1220 SUF11D SUF W167 SASAN R343 WHA B213 ENH V38 GAO B213 LXA B345 NONIM/N0470F390 B345 NARAN L626 ONISA/N0470F400 L626 DPN G333 TIGER G202 RK J173 SK G214 PG G665 ASVIB N312 KHM A453 MIDSI UA453 SOGAT SOGAT1

ROUTE=N0467F380 SUF11D SUF W167 SASAN R343 WHA B213 ENH V38 GAO B213 LXA B345 NONIM/N0470F390 B345 NARAN L626 ONISA/N0470F400 L626 DPN G333 TIGER G202 RK J173 SK G214 PG G665 ASVIB N312 KHM A453 MIDSI UA453 SOGAT SOGAT1
DESTICAO=OBBI
EET=0929
ALTICAO=OEDR
ALTICAO2=
OTHER=PBN/A1B1C1D1L1O1S1 NAV/RNVD1E2A1 DOF/170417 REG/DABOG EET/ZHWH0057 ZPKM0156 VNSM0451 VIDF0546 OPKR0640 OIIX0742 OBBB0905 RVR/75 PER/D
ENDURANCE=1048
POB=168

PIC=<Name of the Pilot in Command>

LIVERY=<>

AIRLINE=<AIRLINE ICAO CODE>

The remarks-section is too long and because of that, the import to IvAp fails. When one shortens the RMK manually by editing "Default.fpl", importing works... Maybe it is possible to select, which kind of remarks should be exported and which not?

Hopefully this message gets to the responsible persons to get a patch as soon as possible!

Thank you!

I wasn't aware China had moved away from the metric system?

ICAO Speed entries for planning:

True airspeed for the initial or whole cruise segment of the flight, indicated as:

“N” for Knots, followed by a four-digit figure:

“M” for Mach number followed by a three-digit representation of ratio,

or “K” for Kilometers/hour followed by a four-digit number.

i.e. K0830, N0485, M082..

Quote form the IVAO flightplan guide:

The cruising speed is the
True Air Speed expressed in one of the three possible units:

N = Knots: N followed by 4 digits which will be the speed in knots (N0220 = 220KT)

M = Mach: M followed by 3 digits which will be the mach number without the dot character (M079 = 0.79 Mach)

K = km/h : K followed by 4 digits which will be the speed in kilometre per hour (K0350 = 350km/h)

ICAO Flight level:
Planned cruising level for the initial or whole cruise segment of the flight, indicated as:

“F” for Flight Level in 100s of feet,

“A” for plain altitude in 100s of feet (both three-digit),

“S” for Standard Metric Level in tens of metres,

“M” for plain altitude in tens of metres (both four-digit),

i.e. F330, M0840, A045

Quote from IVAO flightplan guide:

The cruising altitude or flight level is expressed in one of the three possible units:

F = flight level: followed by 3 digits expressed in hundreds of feet above transition altitude. (Example: F130 = 13000ft).

A = altitude: followed by 3 digits expressed in hundreds of feet below transition altitude. (Example: A025 = 2500ft).

S = standard metric level: followed by 4digits expressed in tens of meters above transition altitude (Example: S1130 = 11300m)

M = metric altitude: followed by 4 digits expressed in tens of meters below transition altitude (Example: M1130 = 11300m)

srcooke, you are - in general - absolutely right!

But at least X-IvAp (IvAp for X-Plane) does not "know" the speed-group "K" - only "N" and "M" is allowed.

Maybe it might make sense to add a new Export Option to Export to "X-IvAp" which has a modified Export structure with the correct variables...?

vor 2 Minuten, srcooke sagte:

In which case surely the X-IvAp application should be updated rather than degrading the correct format ?

I doubt that X-IvAp will get any updates as there haven't been any since a long period of time.

Updating/Patching PFPX would be much faster and - indeed - I am quite sure that this will help a lot of more People than just me.

For me PFPX is quite unusable right now when I cannot export to my X-IvAp correctly.

vor 5 Minuten, srcooke sagte:

Ok, so this not a bug at all with PFPX v1.28.8 and the IvAp application.

You are requesting a new export function for X-IvAp.

The current export functionality to IVAO/IVAP is a bug, as e.g. some variable indicators are wrong (ID being used instead of CALLSIGN (to get the aircraft callsign correctly imported to IvAp)), missing PIC etc.

It's not just the thing with the speed-group "K", which is unknown to X-IvAp.

ID= is also used by other well known planning tools including Simbrief, has the format changed?

[FLIGHTPLAN]
ID=BOX0000
RULES=I
FLIGHTTYPE=S
NUMBER=1
ACTYPE=B77W
WAKECAT=H
EQUIPMENT=SDE1E2E3FGHIJ2J3J4J5M1RWXY
TRANSPONDER=LB1D1
DEPICAO=ZSPD
DEPTIME=1805
SPEEDTYPE=K
SPEED=0924
LEVELTYPE=S
LEVEL=0980
ROUTE=SUF11D SUF W167 SASAN R343 WHA B213 ENH V38 GAO B213 LXA B345 NONIM/N0484F390 B345 NARAN L626 ONISA/N0477F400 L626 DPN G333 TIGER G202 RK J173 SK G214 PG G665 ASVIB N312 KHM A453 MIDSI UA453 SOGAT SOGAT1
DESTICAO=OBBI
EET=0839
ALTICAO=OEDF
ALTICAO2=
OTHER=PBN/A1B1C1D1L1O1S2 DOF/170417 REG/N713SB EET/ZHWH0053 ZPKM0141 VNSM0411 VIDF0504 OPKR0557 OIIX0657 OBBB0821 OPR/BOX RMK/TCAS
ENDURANCE=1004
POB=302

As you can see virtually the same format as PFPX

vor 12 Stunden , srcooke sagte:

ID= is also used by other well known planning tools including Simbrief, has the format changed?

I do neither know whether there is/was any change in formats / syntax nor am I a programmer to get this checked and sorted.

The only thing I know for now is that exporting to IVAO/(X-)IvAp is not working for me and that I am not alone with this (see link in my initial post). I gave some input on how this could be solved.

Maybe anyone who is responsible can check this and provide an update? I (and others) would surely appreciate it.

Neither ID= or CALLSIGN= are used in loading the flightplan as tested here IvAp v2.0.2 b2773, the aircraft identification is called from the IvAp connection as noted in the manual:

I t e m 7 – A i r c r a f t I d e n t i f i c a t i o n ( m a x 7 c h a r s )
This field is pre-filled with the callsign from the IVAO connection window

The same applies to the Pilot in Command, taken from the connection settings.

Neither are populated by the flightplan.

EDIT: both of the above data are called from the pilot.cfg file and not the flightplan.

• 2 months later...

Stephen, we are not talking about IvAp - we talk about X-IvAp for X-Plane - and there with the latest Version 0.3.4 (Rev 180) it is not working.

According to my description in my first post there is also the way described on how to get these things fixed in order to get PFPX exports to work and load properly into X-IvAp! ;)

So it is still no "feature request" - don't know why the title of this post was changed as it is definitely a bug!

You require a new export and format option for x-ivap, from my post above and having loaded IvAp flightplans the current format is correct for the IvAp application.

I would suggest posting your request on a support ticket

• Deputy Sheriffs
3 hours ago, tanjix said:

So it is still no "feature request" - don't know why the title of this post was changed as it is definitely a bug!

x-IvAp is not ivAp, As of today PFPX supports IvAp, but not x-IvAp. So this is not a bug, bug a feature request, to support a new application to export flight plans to.

Well, if X-Plane / X-IvAp is unsupported by PFPX, why is there then an option to export to X-Plane available? And we all know, that X-Plane only works with X-IvAp and not IvAp... 

If it is unwanted to use this software with X-Plane, the feature should be disabled until it works like as it should do.

But that's nothing that has to be discussed here. ;)

32 minutes ago, tanjix said:

Well, if X-Plane / X-IvAp is unsupported by PFPX, why is there then an option to export to X-Plane available?

The X-Plane export is for the default FMS just as an FS9/FSX or P3D export.

• Deputy Sheriffs
51 minutes ago, tanjix said:

Well, if X-Plane / X-IvAp is unsupported by PFPX, why is there then an option to export to X-Plane available?

X-Plane is not unsupported, it is supported, hence there is an export item for it in the list.

X-IvAp is currently not supported, hence there is no export item for it in the list.

53 minutes ago, tanjix said:

If it is unwanted to use this software with X-Plane, the feature should be disabled until it works like as it should do.

From where do you draw the conclusion, that it is unwanted to use PFPX for your X-Plane???

55 minutes ago, tanjix said:

And we all know, that X-Plane only works with X-IvAp and not IvAp...

Then why did you insist on saying that there is a bug in the IvAp export when at the same time you already knew that IvAp and x-IvAp are not the same thing?

With my previous post I just wanted to make it clear, that this topic is not about a bug, because there is no bug. You are asking for a new feature, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Feature requests are like bug reports always welcome here in the forum. 

China using both metric and imperial system at the moment

imperial system during cruising stage while metric system when climbing of descending

Archived