Afd folder issues in P3D 3.4

qqwertzde

Hi,

I had problems with parking positions in a variety of Aerosoft sceneries (EDLP, German regional airports) and found on the forum that one should also enable the Afd folder in scenery.cfg. For some reason P3D didn't like this folder, I could never add it to the list of installed sceneries. I was able to fix my problems by copying the AF_xx.bgl files in that folder to the respective scenery folders for each airport, but I wanted to let you know that there are some minor issues.

Best,

Peter

Hello Mathijs,

I open World->Sceneries in P3D and add the Afd directory to the list of sceneries. P3D then reloads scenery objects as usual, but there is no change (i.e., I still cannot select any gates or ramps). When I reopen World->Sceneries the Afd entry is completely gone. I have tried that several times, but the entry is always removed. There are no issues with the actual airport folders (Weeze X etc). 

Happy Easter,

Peter

Hi Mathijs,

you were right, I didn't run P3D in admin mode, and that did the trick. It is strange, though, that I had no issues when adding the actual Aerosoft airport directories manually. 

I now have added the Afd directory and removed the files that I copied.

Thanks for your help,

Peter

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived