SimStarterNG with FSX and P3D

Ray Proudfoot

Hi,

I bought SimStarterNG last year for use with FSX:SP2. I have now bought and installed P3D v3 and would like to use SimStarterNG with that sim. However, at this point I would still like to keep the version for FSX installed.

How do I get a version for P3D installed? Another install so they sit side-by-side?

I tried the obvious of trying to install SimStarterNG a second time but all it does is prompt for a repair or uninstall.

So how can I control FSX and P3D? Or is it only possible to use SimStarterNG for one simulator?

4 minutes ago, Dudley said:

Create a new profile and have a new runset.

How does that tell SimStarterNG to point to P3D instead of FSX? All the settings in the many menu items point to FSX.

I've looked through the manual but it doesn't appear to cover handling two flight sims.

• Developer

NG can work with different simulator platforms in general. A selection comes up on initial StartUp. All settings inside a platform will stay inside that platform. This allows you to use SIMstarter NG for multiple platforms in parallel.

Does that answer your question?

Sort of, thanks. But it sounds like the choice has to be made when installing.

How do I uninstall and reinstall without losing everything for FSX? I have 3 profiles setup and having to create them again would be a real pain.

21 hours ago, Capt. PERO said:

NG can work with different simulator platforms in general. A selection comes up on initial StartUp. All settings inside a platform will stay inside that platform. This allows you to use SIMstarter NG for multiple platforms in parallel.

Does that answer your question?

Hi again. I copied my data folder to a safe location and uninstalled SimStarterNG and then deleted the SimStarterNG folder. This allowed for a clean install.

However, when first launched it gives you the option of either FSX or P3D. There does not appear to be an option to use both. Can you confirm if this is the case please?

If so it would be useful if both sims could be controlled. Perhaps something for you to consider in a future update.

Archived