Have I got the wrong version

BILLUK44

I saw this programme on You Tube, in a video dated 5 March 2015 by the developer. He was showing Version 2.6 for FSX and FSX (Steam). So I decided to buy it, but what I have got now is Version !.4.7 (Rev10). for FSX.
I wanted it for FSX(Steam), have I been sent the wrong one. When it starts it offers me FSX and asks me to choose the Flight sim but as soon I try to select another I.E. FSX(Steam) it just goes straight in. Next when I tell it to start it begins FSX but stops with a small white window saying The SCHEMA.INI is missing. If I click ok to this it then continues to load.

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

What you saw on YouTube was the old freeware SIMstarter. What you bought is the recent product SIMstarter NG.

If you had never FSX installed on your machine, FSX:SE installs like FSX. So that's why you get FSX provided in the selection.

Have you installed SIMstarter NG as administrator and are you starting it as such?

Thank you, but I only get it with Simstarter. 

Sorry it belongs to RAAS which comes with the Steam Airosoft Airbus pack. I should have read the small print at the top of the message window.

Archived