Majority of ND and MCDU solutions attempted with no success

DavMahl

My ND and right MCDU still will not work. The simconnect did fix the ECAMs but not the ND or the Right MCDU.

I have:
Windows 10/64 bit
FSX with SP 1 and 2 Installed
Aerosoft Airbus 318/319 and 320/321

Steps I have taken:

- Made sure the dimmer was as high as possible

- proper power supplying the aircraft
- Installed all three files of SimConnect (twice)
- Reinstalled Everything as Admin
- Event Viewer Recorded No Application Errors
- Antivirus off/on

- Click run and yes to all "run this" questions by windows
- The suggestions with Windows Update
- I've gone through a majority of the forum posts consisting of this issue and followed their advice still nothing.

I didn't download and install - allVC++ Redistributable packages : 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2015, the 32bit and 64bit packages (that is beyond an acceptable solution).

At this point, I'm guessing its a loss of $100. I shouldn't have to go through this many steps just to have a basic function of the aircraft work.

If someone has as solution that is not listed, please list it and I will attempt to fix it at a later date.

• Deputy Sheriffs

From where have you installed the SimConnect pacakge? It might be possible, that you took the wrong one.

Here you will find a list of all FSX versions and from where you should take the SimConnect installer:

I've downloaded the simconnect from one of the replies in the forum. I do not see simconnect anywhere on the fsdeveloper page that link sends me to except at the bottom where its a link to another page and the link on the side takes me to a page where it just explains the simconnect.

Links:

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?title=SimConnect_SDK_(FSX)

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?title=Category:SimConnect

If there is a download for simconnect on this page can you provide the link to download simconnect from this site? I'm guessing I'm just not finding it.

I did come to this page before and downloaded everything for SP2.

SP1 10.0.61355
(Russian: 10.0.61357)
SP1A Download (192Mb) * fsx_sdk_sp1a.zip Standalone
SP2 10.0.61472 SP2 Download (211Mb) * sdk.msi Standalone

I found that page a few days ago and tried everything except the Microsoft C++ Redistributables. I downloaded and updated all versions early today and still nothing.

I'm using FSX with Sp1 and Sp2 installed and running it as the admin. It's odd because the sim connect fixed the ECAMS but not the ND. I really don't need the right MCDU so I'm not to concerned with that at the moment. I'm just really want the ND to work. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

This might be a problem with your graphics board driver (DirectX). Try switching to software rendering in the Airbus Configurator.

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Can you confirm, that you have installed (or updated) all VC++ redist packages listed in item 3 in the topic Dave linked earlier in this topic?

It should work after you compete the instructions, but if not may I ask if you installed all three versions of SimConnect?

If the answer to the question above is yes, then you MAY have a corrupt install of SP1 and/or SP2.  You SHOULD be able to reinstall both service packs without it affecting anything - but it's not a DEFINITE assurance of this.

I'd like to add that you really should give a lot of consideration to using FSX Steam. If you decide to go that route you'll need to uninstall all existing FSX addons, then FSX, reboot, then manually remove all remaining folders associated with FSX and FSX Addons, then reboot, and after that it's a good idea (but not mandatory) to remove all "FSX" and
"Microsoft Flight Simulator" entries from your registry.  If you don't clean the registry of these entries then you'll likely have to use the Flight1 Registry Repair tool to point future addon programs to the correct location of FSX.

Let us know how you made out.

Still nothing. I really don't get it as I've been purchasing airplanes since 2000 and I've never had a plane not work directly out of the box.

I appreciate all your help but its time I pull the ripcord on this plane after 5 days of no success. The next item at this point is to obliterate FSX from my hard-drive and I'm just not up to going through that at this time.

But, I wish you all Happy Landings!

• 6 months later...

I'm not sure how. But, everything started working on the plane! I haven't loaded the aircraft since June when it still wasn't working properly. I'm not going to question it though because I can now use the plane!!

• Deputy Sheriffs

For me this locks like you had a Windows graphics system problem and have installed some Windows updates or a new graphics board driver version in the meantime.

But good to read that everything is now as it should!

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived