Mega Airport Dublin Download Issues

Daviboney

Hi, I seem to have a problem with my download of mega airport Dublin for FSX Steam. I paid €25 for it and got the download link etc and that worked fine. When I unzip the file, im able to choose my language but then I get a warning saying "Please make sure you have finished any previous setup and closed other applications" 

I havent tried to download anything else and every other program has been closed on my computer. Ive tried reseting my computer and it still hasnt worked and I cant seem to find any videos about it online. If anyone knows how to fix this it would be greatly appreciated. 

Attached is the error message I get

Thanks

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Please open the details in that error message and post them here as well.

Have you really unzipped the installer executable into a local folder and started it from there or have you started it directly from within WinRAR?

3 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

Please open the details in that error message and post them here as well.

Have you really unzipped the installer executable into a local folder and started it from there or have you started it directly from within WinRAR?

Hi Tom, Thanks for youre reply, yes I made a separate folder and unziped it into that (following direction on a youtube video) and here is the details of the error message.. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Can you please copy&paste the entire error text in here. It seems from the scroll bar that there is some more text...

Just now, Tom A320 said:

Can you please copy&paste the entire error text in here. It seems from the scroll bar that there is some more text...

Error Code:    -5006 : 0x80070020
Error Information:
>SetupNew\setup.cpp (597)
PAPP:Mega Airport Dublin
PVENDOR:Aerosoft (http://www.aerosoft.com)
PGUID:398E4F60-1C42-494F-86F9-694BD537174F
$16.0.0.435PAK
@Windows 7 / Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 0 (9200) 
IE Version: 9.11.14393.0

sorry didnt see that.

• Deputy Sheriffs

The error number suggests that you do not have enough access rights in your system or that something is actively blocking parts of the installation. So, please

• disable your Anti Virus software temporarily for the setup
  • run the setup as administrator (right click the exe file, "run as administrator")

51 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

The error number suggests that you do not have enough access rights in your system or that something is actively blocking parts of the installation. So, please

• disable your Anti Virus software temporarily for the setup
  • run the setup as administrator (right click the exe file, "run as administrator")

Hats off to you Sir, it was the anti virus that wouldn't let me through. I successfully downloaded everything and entered my serial no etc. I then came to my next speed bump when i got to this page in the Aerosoft Launcher. I clicked on scenerys > Dublin Mega Airport > Dublin.exe and i get this message.. not so sure why its happening. I checked for possible updates but it says there are none. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

You can forget about the launcher. It is outdated and not needed anymore. The scenery will just work fine without it. 

For available update you should check this forum or your shop account from time to time. 

Ok thank you. I have gone into Settings > scenery library > add area then it brought me to the fsx folder and i clicked aerosoft and it came up with mega airport Dublin then scenery and textures but when i click on them it says "no  items match your search" but when i manually search for the files not through fsx they are all there. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

If I remember correctly this is an old FSX bug. You need to make a left-mouse-click into the empty file list. Afterwards you are able to click OK button in the "Select Scenery Directory" dialog.

2 hours ago, Tom A320 said:

If I remember correctly this is an old FSX bug. You need to make a left-mouse-click into the empty file list. Afterwards you are able to click OK button in the "Select Scenery Directory" dialog.

Yep worked perfectly thanks. graphics no where near as good as advertised but im sure i can tweek them someway. thanks so much for youre help. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived