Joystick disconnects after a few minutes

Hi all

Upgraded to a new system and now installed a fresh P3D V3.4.22 on Windows 10 along with the Aerosoft Airbus.

Everything seems to work fine for the first few minutes. Approximately 3 minutes after P3D has finished loading, not a single button or axis on the joystick is working anymore, just a few seconds before everything worked. This only happens with the Aerosoft Airbus. After the joystick is not working anymore, clicking around in the top bar of the window (settings, weather, etc.) makes P3D crash with a fatal error.

Has anyone seen that problem?

Thanks!

PS: Joystick is a pretty new Saitek X56, never had any troubles with P3D V2.5 on the old system (Win 7)

Not a lot of information to go on, but I'll take a stab at it.

I run a Satiek Yoke, Rudder Pedals, Trim Wheel, Dual Throttle Quadrant, Radio Panel, Switch Panel, and Multipanel, and I have at least 500 hours with the Aerosoft Airbus and not a single problem with any Saitek equipment under FSX:SE or P3DV3.  I know many people who run Saitek with the Aerosoft Airbus without any issues, but none of them use the X-55 or X-56 - though I believe Mathijs may.

Did you disable your computer security before installing the Airbus, and run the installer "As Admin"?  Have you checked your P3D control settings to ensure they haven't been changed by the Saitek driver installation?  If you're using FSUIPC for control settings, first try deleting your profile and using only P3D settings to see if that works.

Best wishes.

17 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Not a lot of information to go on, but I'll take a stab at it.

I run a Satiek Yoke, Rudder Pedals, Trim Wheel, Dual Throttle Quadrant, Radio Panel, Switch Panel, and Multipanel, and I have at least 500 hours with the Aerosoft Airbus and not a single problem with any Saitek equipment under FSX:SE or P3DV3.  I know many people who run Saitek with the Aerosoft Airbus without any issues, but none of them use the X-55 or X-56 - though I believe Mathijs may.

Did you disable your computer security before installing the Airbus, and run the installer "As Admin"?  Have you checked your P3D control settings to ensure they haven't been changed by the Saitek driver installation?  If you're using FSUIPC for control settings, first try deleting your profile and using only P3D settings to see if that works.

Best wishes.

Hi Dave

I did disable my Antivirus and ran the installer as Admin, yesterday I just saw that the same problem happens with some other planes (FSLabs A320), although not all (Alabeo/Carenados work fine). I did not install any Saitek Software, only the drivers. I did a try with and without FSUIPC, no difference. I read in various posts that there might be an issue with Windows deactivating USB hardware with the power management, I disabled this selective USB-suspension though. After the joystick is not responding anymore in P3D, in Windows Game Controller settings, every axis and button is still recognized while it isn't in P3D.

Any other ideas?

I had a similiar problem. After a few minutes my USB-ports dis- and reconnected, then my Joystick didn't get input any more.

Maybe you can try this:

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6315&t=117764&start=60#p136610

Another hint:

Deativate that USB can be set asleep through windows in: Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Power Options.

There you see the Power Plans. Click on "Change plan settings", in the next window on "Change advanced power settings" and deactivate in "USB" that it can be set to sleep through windows.

These both things helped me. No diconnecting of USB anymore.

Greetings,

Andreas

I installed the drivers from the Saitek Homepage.

Thank you Andreas for your input. I did try what is written on the P3D forum thread, unfortunately it didn't work (even after totally reinstalling the drivers).

The USB Sleep function is also deactivated, but does no difference.

Slowly starting to run out of ideas :rolleyes:

I did exactly this Andreas, thanks for the heads up though!
I gave up and mapped all the Axis via FSUIPC and disabled all Joysticks in the P3D settings. I'm loosing 10 fps though :unsure:

We never saw such an fps loss when using FSUIPC assignments. Perhaps this would be something to ask Pete Dawson to help with if FSUIPC looses you 10 fps. At least we don't see how that could be caused by our Airbus.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

Sorry for bringing up the matter again, but I am experiencing the exact same problem on W10.

I have a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro. I bought P3D about a week ago on my new PC. The joystick had worked flawlessly in FSX in the past 3 years. After loading up a flight, in any aircraft, about 2min pass and my joystick stops responding. As soon as I click on Settings, weather or I change aircraft in the top bar, the sim crashes to the desktop.

After the crash, windows still recognizes the joystick and it works. As soon as I load up P3D it works for another 2min, before stopping working again and crashing if I go to settings.

I have disabled Windows's USB power saving settings in the device manager and even the registry via regedit, and tried what MagicPhantom provided, but none of them have worked.

I frankly believe that the problem is with P3D, not Aerosoft, but if someone has a solution to this, please do let me know. 

McHogg

You've posted two separate problems in the same post.  Let's work on your joystick in this thread.

Very difficult to help without your system specs, can you please provide them?

Also, I doubt the problem is with P3D programming, and it certainly wouldn't be with the Airbus, it's likely with your system, driver, a corrupt dll file, or something similar.

Since you reported that you used the joystick for 3 years without issue (presumably with P3D, but please clarify), what changed?  If there were absolutely no changes/updates to your system, it may be that you're hardware has suffered an issue. You can check this my connecting another controller and seeing if the problem still exists.  If you don't have a second one,  you can pick one up for less than $20 USD via Amazon.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Thank you for your quick reply, Dave.

My specs are as follows:

Intel i5-6400 2,7GHz

Nvidia GTX 1080 8GB

16GB of RAM

256GB SSD

1TB HDD (where my P3D folder is stored)

Although I do have two separate problems, I believe that they are connected somehow, since for the first 2min I can open settings and the other things without experiencing a CTD. At the same time, the joystick disconnects.

I have the latest Nvidia drivers installed and I hardly believe that I have any corrupt .dll files on my system. I have also reinstalled P3D twice.

My joystick is about 3 years old. I have been flying with FSX for the last years, and I got P3D just about a week ago, just as I mentioned. Also, it is probably worth mentioning that my system is also brand new, only about 2 weeks old.

I should test if the problem persists with another joystick. I currently do not own another one at the moment, but I can easily borrow one from my friends in the next couple of days. I am also starting a new thread on the P3D forum and see if they have any ideas.

Thanks,

McHogg

Version of Windows?

If you don't believe you have a corrupt dll, then it's highly likely it's a hardware issue.  I'd test that out and let us know how you made out.

Best wishes.

I currently have version 1607 of Windows 10 Home.

The new version came out last month, I'll update it and give you an update on the matter as soon as I get online again.

Thanks for your help,

McHogg

Archived