For some reason the Airbus thinks its still refuelling.

smyalygames

• Deputy Sheriffs

No idea about how GSX handles refueling, but as the Airbus documentation says:

Please use the Aerosoft Airbus A318/319/320/321 Fuel- and Payload Planner only, not FSX to load the aircraft.

29 minutes ago, mopperle said:

No idea about how GSX handles refueling, but as the Airbus documentation says:

GSX uses the Right MCDU to refuel, I just have to click Load Fuel on the MCDU and it will load the fuel for me.

I think it is something to do with the Airbus, not GSX.

It is worth noting, that GSX doesn't actually refuel any aircraft. It is purely just for animation purposes. Every aircraft needs to be refueled by the user.

On 10.4.2017 at 0:57 PM, nealmac said:

It is worth noting, that GSX doesn't actually refuel any aircraft. It is purely just for animation purposes. Every aircraft needs to be refueled by the user.

With one of the latest updates I believe FSDT changed that. But we have no idea how it works and what it does, so please do as the manual says and only use our right MCDU to refuel the airplane. That should avoid such issues as the one you see.

1 hour ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

With one of the latest updates I believe FSDT changed that. But we have no idea how it works and what it does, so please do as the manual says and only use our right MCDU to refuel the airplane. That should avoid such issues as the one you see.

That's interesting. Due to personal circumstances I haven't been simming much recently so I haven't seen the latest update for GSX. If that is the case, I can't imagine it would work well for addon aircraft, as most addon aircraft have their own refueling system.

I've experienced this periodically, including before I started using GSX.  To my knowledge, GSX does not affect the refueling of the AS Bus but rather takes its cues from the Bus - i.e. it completes its refueling "routine" once the right MCDU reaches its set loading.

Typically, once it's done I'll click the "instant load" (LSK4R) button because quite often it won't read back a quite completed refuel; for instance it'll say 10.98 when you specified to load 11.00.  Ultimately I do this so that the GSX passenger and cargo loading functions are based on the correct PAX weight, but I've noticed this to also tend to clear up the "REFUELG" message.

On a slightly unrelated note, I've noticed refueling with the APU on takes much longer, so I typically tend to avoid doing that.

Archived