Las Vegas Scenery Complexity Switch

antoniointini

Hi there,

I purchased the US Cities X - Las Vegas scenery for FSX Steam Edition. In its manual, I found the following text:

"Due to the high complexity of this scenery there is something that cannot be done with the setting options that FSX gives us. That’s why we supply a so-called Scenery Complexity Switch that enables you to choose your favorite scenery complexity matching your system speed. In Las Vegas this will replace some smaller buildings and commercial flat roof buildings (e.g. shopping malls) around the city by autogen (hence the abbreviation for “auto generic”) buildings if you choose the performance friendlier version. Of course those buildings would not look at good as they could why we recommend using the highest possible setting using this tool if you can afford to do so. You will find the tool on the Windows Start Menu at: Aerosoft | US Cities X: Las Vegas"

Unfortunately the SE edition do not install any Aerosoft entry on the Windows Start Menu (I use Windows 10).

Is this software available in this SE edition? If so, where, otherwise, where can I download it from? I really would like to improve the scenario by using autogen.

Best regards,

Antonio Intini

28 minutes ago, antoniointini said:

Is this software available in this SE edition?

Hello Antonio, welcome to the forums.

I don't believe this scenery has been updated to know the difference between FSX and FSX Steam, however so long as you've never had FSX (not FSX:SE) installed on your current Windows installation, you should select "FSX" from the installer and the installer will find your path to FSX:SE in your registry and install all the appropriate folders/files in the correct locations.  If the Scenery Configuration utility is not available via the Start Menu, please check the scenery folder itself for the utility.  I believe the default location for this scenery is "[Your Main FSX Folder]\Aerosoft\[the Las Vegas City scenery folder] providing you didn't change the install path when you installed it.

This will pretty much be the same for any other scenery you install, regardless of the developer, so long as they provide such a configuration utility - though some will proide a short cut via the Start Menu and others may not.

Best wishes.

11 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Hello Antonio, welcome to the forums.

I don't believe this scenery has been updated to know the difference between FSX and FSX Steam, however so long as you've never had FSX (not FSX:SE) installed on your current Windows installation, you should select "FSX" from the installer and the installer will find your path to FSX:SE in your registry and install all the appropriate folders/files in the correct locations.  If the Scenery Configuration utility is not available via the Start Menu, please check the scenery folder itself for the utility.  I believe the default location for this scenery is "[Your Main FSX Folder]\Aerosoft\[the Las Vegas City scenery folder] providing you didn't change the install path when you installed it.

This will pretty much be the same for any other scenery you install, regardless of the developer, so long as they provide such a configuration utility - though some will proide a short cut via the Start Menu and others may not.

Best wishes.

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the quick reply. In this folder (F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX\DLC\536573\Aerosoft\USCitiesX-LasVegas) I only have the 'Scenery' / 'Texture' folders and the following files:

-files.src

-Manual.pdf

-Product.cfg

-Readme.txt

-USCitiesX-LasVegasArea51.kmz

Inside the 'Scenery' and 'Texture' folders, only the files expected on those.

Any guess on what should I do?

Best regards

Just now, DaveCT2003 said:

Did you disable your computer security software and run the installer as admin?

Because I bought via Steam, the installation was automatic by the time I first ran FSX after the download (I did not have control over it). Usually Norton (my security software) pops up an alert telling me that it deleted any file it found to be dangerous, but this did not happen during this installation...

Ah. Okay, then it should have been okay.

Sorry for any inconvenience.  Please submit a Formal Support Ticket for this issue at the top right of THIS PAGE and they should get your sorted out.  I would really appreciate you coming back here and letting me know how you made out.

Some good advice...  I run Nortons as well, but whenever you install any flight sim software you really need to disable Norton's Auto Protect.  Then re-enable it after the software has been installed.

Best wishes.

Best wishes.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived