p3d34/FSXSE settings: me against OOM / youtube videos ;-)

Tozzifan

Hi,

when I set flights with complex airliners (AS Airbus, PMDG, Majestic Dash) including mega airports (Rome, Frankfurt, UK2000Heathrow, Anchorage, LA, Miami, in my case), OOM crashes, upon or just after landing, are routine, although staying 1Gb/500mb from the memory ceiling (expecially it happens with P3d, while FSXSe is more predictable untill the last moments before the crash), by leveling down graphic and AI settings

this happens also if split the flights into segments, so I guess the memory load is a huge factor when entering those areas

so my question is:

how do those players succeed in making youtube videos showing landings with insane details and the same airliners, when I have to downgrade everything, just to reach the only touchdown? what am I missing? can't I enjoy (until a 64bit sim comes out) the full details of mega airports, unless I use less memory expensive planes?

thanks

• Deputy Sheriffs

What Mathijs mean is that e.g. FSX:SE or especially P3D are by far the more better products then the original FSX, as Steam and especially LM changed a lot of things giving you a better experiences and in your case less OOM. I personally would not use FSX:SE but directly switch to P3D.

I primarily use P3DV3.4, however I also run FSX:SE for Beta Testing and for a couple of aircraft that aren't P3D compatible (Leonardo Maddog and the PMDG MD-11).

In my opinion, FSX:SE is lighter on any of the 4 flight sim desktops that I've managed (each system slightly different, two would be considered high end and the other two are solidly in the middle) and all are running with the same settings.  Even though P3D is a bit more taxing on these systems, the VAS management and graphics quality with P3D is certainly better than FSX:SE.  Comparing FSX:SE to previous versions, FSX:SE is far better in processing and VAS as Otto has already mentioned.

I hope you find this information helpful.

Archived