MCDU LEFT AND RIGHT NO DISPLAY

Thank you for your time. I have installed and uninstalled my Airbus X 3 times into P3D V3.4 via Migration tool. All 3 times the MCDU's are blank (black screen) Am I doing anything wrong??

All other aircraft PMDG and even Level D (installed manually) work fine

gijon777

Intel Core i5-4660 CPU@ 320 Ghz

Ram 8.00GB

Windows 7 Ultomate 64 bits

NVIDIA GT 730

• Deputy Sheriffs

You don't need a migration tool to be able to install the current AS Airbus version (1.31) into P3Dv3. It's installer can do that for you.

About the blank screens: P3D comes with the needed SimConnect libraries, but does not install them automatically for you. You need to do that manually. You will find the installer here:

• Prepar3D v3\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib\SimConnect.msi

That installer does not have any proper visual feedback. So just double click the msi file and don't worry that you will not see anything. The needed files will be installed. Make sure not to have P3D running at that moment.

Tom is right on target with the advice he's given you.

While you at it, it's probably a good idea to install all the Legacy SimConnect versions as you never know what a future addon has programmed for.  Installing all the Legacy versions will prevent you from having problems in the future.  Instructions for this are located in THIS THREAD.

More information on this can be found HERE.

Thank you for your quick answer, I did reinstalled one more time and did it without the Migration tool as suggested. I also installed the .msi file. 

Re started the computer, and it did not work. I can hear the buttons click sound in that screen, but left and right screen are off as showed.

Also I may add that my download is Airbus X 1.22. where could I get the 1.3

Thanks again for your time and patience

Gijon777

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Oh, you are not on the latest Airbus product, but actually on the earliest one, the Airbus X. This is long out of support and has already two successors, the Airbus X Extended and the Airbus A318/A319 respecitve the Airbus A320/A321.

The old Airbus X is not P3D compatible. And that's what you figure in your installation. The migration tool can only install it into P3D, but can't make it compatible.

These are the Airbus products with their latest versions:

• Airbus X, v1.22
  • Airbus X Extended, v1.16
  • Airbus A318/A319 resp. Airbus A320/A321, v1.31

The first two are out of support in the meantime and also have the update discounts ran out a few months ago.

In order to be able to fly an Aerosoft Airbus in P3D you need to purchase the latest product.

Ah, great catch Tom.

Since Tom identified that  you're using the older version of the Airbus, I won't send the PM I mentioned above.

Additionally, the P3D Migration tool may have mucked up your dll.xml files (including the ones that it creates). At the very least it has created entries (good or bad) for the Airbus and those will have to be removed.  You can look in the Migration Tool instructions/forum for where these files are and how to edit them (I haven't used the tool in several years, and it's really not needed anymore. My advice is not to use it - at all as it can cause a lot of problems.

Best wishes.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived