Connected Flight Deck Question

Hi, me and my friend would like to do a connected flight deck in the aerosoft airbus a320/a321 but we arent so sure and trust using the program hamachi. Is there a possibility we can do shared cockpit using the default fsx multiplayer? If not why I dont see why it wouldent work, are the systems too advanced? Is there another way to do connected flightdeck that doesent envolve port forwarding or hamachi? 

Please see the first of the OVPA Guides which are pinned at the top of this forum. It will answer both your questions.

My very best wishes for terrific CFD flights!

Sorry I didn't find the guide helpful answering my question. I understand Hamachi is unsafe but I want to know if I can do shared cockpit through the default fsx multiplayer shared cockpit feature. Also how come I see a lot of flight simmers like Belynz (Matt Davies) doing tutorials where they use Hamachi and turn off all of firewall and stuff. Please answer my question directly I want a valid and good solution/answer. Thank you for your time :)

• Deputy Sheriffs

No, shared cockpit does not work with the VC of the AS Airbus. The "Connected Flight Deck" is the technology to use here.

When not using Hamachi (or any other VPN tool, for obvious security concerns) you have to configure port forwarding on both side of your connection, i.e. in your and your friends internet router. The guide Dave linked to describes in detail how to do that and provides links to step by step guides for the most common routers as also tools to test the port forwarding.

Port forwarding is currently the most secure way to connect your two Airbuses (and the only other way if you are not using a direct VPN between the two of you).

The default shared cockpit (Multiplayer) is only for default Microsoft aircraft and a few other simple payware aircraft that use default Microsoft software gauges. It does not work for complex third party aircraft such as the Aerosoft Airbus.

As Tom said, you need to use the information in the referenced guide to setup your Connected Flight Deck. It's been used successfully by hundreds of people.  It is very simple to set up Port Forwarding.  The only people who have difficulty with this are a very few percentage of people across the globe who ISPs provide routers can not be Port Forwarded and this is the only case where one should use a VPN client such as Hamachi to establish the connection.

Best wishes.

Archived