Overwing Jetways and Stoplines at EHAM

dmwalker

I have started duplicating Jet Airways flights JAI233 and JAI234 between CYYZ and EHAM using my PMDG B777-300ER and I am using Mega Airport Amsterdam V104 for FSX. These flights generally use Gates G6 or G7. I have some questions about B777s using G6 and G7.

Both gates use the overwing jetway which I understand, in its parked position, already extends over the wing. The problem is that the jetway isn't high enough to clear the B777 wing. Should I assume that nothing can be done in Mega Airport Amsterdam to accommodate the B777 at these gates?

As an alternative gate, I tried G9 and found that it has a sign which shows G3 beside the Visual Docking Guidance System.

Also, I tried F7 and it has an overwing jetway with at least one metre clearance so I could use that.

Using F7 as an example, I have a question about the stoplines for the nosewheel. The lines are numbered from 3 to 14. What do the numbers mean? Should a specific aircraft type stop at a specific stopline. At F7, my B777-300ER is placed by FSX at stopline 3 but the Visual Docking Guidance System says “TFAR”. If I adjust the position so that the Visual Docking Guidance System says “OK”,

the position is as shown in the image below. Is this difference because the system is calibrated for the default FSX aircraft, or should it be reasonably accurate for any high quality payware aircraft?

I should say that I am very happy with my Aerosoft EHAM, as I am with my EDDF and EGLL.

Please login to display this image.

With regard to the overwing jetways, I see some discussion on other forums about them being replaced with standard jetways in the G pier. This means that the satellite view in Google Maps (and FlightRadar24) showing standard jetways is more up to date than the satellite view in Bing Maps showing overwing jetways. If that is so, is there likely to be an update to reflect this change?

Archived