Madeira and SODE - necessary files ?

WilloW

Greetings

I am a new user to Madeira X and unfortunately without several issues.  Some of which have been solved.

I have looked in the SODE folder and notice the number of files is minimal.

Are there supposed to be numerous files located in the SODE folder concerning LPMA ?

I am using FSX so perhaps this is a limitation of FSX ?

Thanks,    WilloW

Hello

Thanks you for your reply.

When I look in the SODE folder there are very few files.  I have seen other members folders which contain many different files.

Are there supposed to a number of files relating to this software in this folder ?

Thanks,    WilloW

Hi Willow

As said in other posts about Madeira, it installes one xml-file in the and one folder in the simobjects-directory of SODE. The folder in simobjects-directory may have different files according to the version you use (fsx or P3D).

The folder the files are placed at is normally hidden.

If this is the first SODE airport you use you only have this few files.

Using more and more SODE airports you get more files.

If you still have problems with the airport maybe it would be a good idea to show some screen-shots ;-) .

It is also a good advice to update SODE to the latest release (1 4 2). Don't know why the AS-insaller still comes with the 1 4.1 Version although even MK-Studios advice to update.

4 hours ago, christian1974 said:

Thank you Christian, your reply has answered my question.

This is the first airport/scenery I have that uses SODE, so this explains why I have only a few files.  I downloaded the latest version of SODE when I had some issues with installing the scenery.  Once the latest SODE version was installed the scenery displayed correctly.

I am impressed - very nice.  But I only have a few hours using the software so only time will tell (many have issues).

Are you able to tell me if the curved lights on approach to 05 are visible during daylight hours ?  They work perfectly at night and early am/pm, but cannot be seen during the day (thanks).    Cheers,   WilloW

Hello - I did a search and I could not determine if the lights are on during the day (in real life). 

As you are unable to see the curved lights during the day, then I take it then that this is normal. 

Thanks for letting me know,     WilloW

• Developer

Thay are off during day except for rain/low visibility conditions. ;) 

Glad the scenery works fine for you, most of the issues is caused by another addons mostly.

Archived