Madeira X Evolution and Latest Orbx Vector v1.51

Raymond66

Hi,

I just updated Orbx Vector to v1.51.

I checked in ...\FSX\ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_APT

and ABP_LPMA_Default.bgl and ABP_LPPS_Default.bgl were back!

So, I removed them again to avoid the problems we all know too well.

Also: ORBX/FTX_VECTOR/FTX_VECTOR_CVX/scenery and change all file extensions beginning with 4320 (there should be 17 files) 

See point 4) in page 1 of Madeira Mesh Mega Topic.

I hope it helps.

Just to help more:

Many ORBX VECTOR users had problems updating to Vector v 1.51 using FTX C v3, but for me the update using FTX C v3 was fine: I could use AEC without problems once v 1.51 was installed. It took 27 minutes to update and have v1.51 installed. At this point, even though just an update (but of course it will want to have all files), the files mentioned in my post #1 were back, so I fixed them manually, as in the Mesh Mega Topic point 4).

After reading many posts in Orbx forum, that it was better to uninstall Vector completely and reinstall the whole Vector, I did just that! Oh dear!

So what I did: I downloaded the whole zip: (Orbx direct: "Manual download  The preferred way to download this product is with the "Download via FTX Central" button above. However, if you are unable to download the product via FTX Central, you can use the MANUAL DOWNLOAD ...")

Then I reinstalled using FTX C v3, using:

Version 1.51

Installation Options

then:

Install from my manually downloaded .zip

go into the folder, and click on the .zip (now named better: _fulFTXVECTOR151.zip), then click 'continue'...

FTX C v3 then, under "Current Progress", first  checks the licence (~ a minute), then "Checking files to update..." (~ a minute), then extracts for around 25 minutes: there are thousands of files... Just be patient. To see that it works well, you can open explorer, type         %temp%\Orbx         and you are in:

C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\Temp\Orbx

and there will be 2 folders:

1 folder with a copy of the .zip (size: like the .zip: ~ 8.69 GB)

1 folder named "ftxg-vector_............................." where files will get extracted, that grows over time up to 13.2 GB: right-click it, Properties, and you will see it gets bigger, so all is fine. Just be patient.

So, around 22 GB space at least must be available, usually on C: for users who haven't set the Temp folder onto another drive, to install Vector! If not it fails to install!

Then, FTX C V3 installs (copies) the files in the simulator ...\your simulator\ORBX\FTX_VECTOR, removes the 2 folders in ...\AppData\Local\Temp\Orbx ("Cleaning up..."), and then "Product is installed" appears.

The full install of Vector lasted for 30 minutes.

Then, you need to run AEC, because Vector is brand new. That is another few minutes.

Finally, do point 4) in page 1 of Madeira Mesh Mega Topic.

That is what I did (I recorded the whole thing with ShadowPlay; yes don't ask, I am mad :) , but at least I have proof of what happened, in case...), and Madeira X Evolution was fine. But to make sure, I unistalled/reinstalled Madeira X Evolution.

The whole process, well, just took my Friday evening! If you are still alive, you can go flying... ;)

Archived