@MK-Studios about Madeira X Evolution

mig

First things first… Thanks for redoing Madeira and Porto Santo! Well Porto Santo sort of... :). In addition, I want to point out the amazing support given on the forums.

From the previous version, Madeira Island has lost the following:

•        The Ponta de São Lourenço lighthouse and the islet where the lighthouse it is supposed to be is flat (mesh issue?);

•          Machico beach (If I remember right it was present on the previous version… or was it the FS 2004 version?).

It would be great if the following could be add later on (future updates?):

•         Small red warning lights along the runway small slope - left to runway 05 (can be seen from the north frontage of the terminal building);

•         Remaining island lighthouses (since the most important one is missing I am presuming the same for the remaining ones);

•          Improved representation of Funchal Port (Pontinha) with some static cruise ships with real liveries (as previous version);

•         Improved representation of Funchal Pier;

•         Improved representation of the island marinas (at least the Machico and Funchal ones).

•          Proper Desertas and Selvagens islands mesh.

One negative thing about this scenery is Porto Santo (LPPS). Porto Santo was advertised as having the same representation of the previous version, but in fact lacks some important objects present in the original Madeira X scenery. No lighthouses, no windmills and no fictional ferry docked on the port.

I hope that someday we can have a good representation of Porto Santo (as Madeira X evolution upgrade/new scenery) it would only require adding a few but important things:

•         Add recent runway, taxiway and parking changes with the respective proper textures, signs and markings;

•         Remove the checker radar building close to the runway. That structure doesn’t exit there anymore;

•         Add mesh to an important islet (Fonte da Areia) on the north part of the island (to the right side of runway 18 final approach). In the actual and previous representations the islet is flat;

•         Add the existing big antennas throughout the island with their respective red warning lights;

•         Add the windmills with the red warning lights on top of them;

•         Add the navigation radar on Pico do Facho;

•         Improved representation of the Port (Porto de Abrigo) and marina;

•         Better representation of town center (Vila Baleira) Pier;

•          Representation of the static ferry docked on Port with the real livery.

Thanks for the actual scenery regardless… Regards,

Luís

• Developer

Hello Luis,

Thank's for making note on this. I'll investigate missing objects and see what we can do here. 

We're collecting some materials for Porto Santo so it'll be done definitely. Since there's really sloped runway there we're investigating possibilities to implement this function. However that'd mean no ai traffic, so we haven't decided yet. 

Mateusz

23 minutes ago, Flightplayer said:

I personally don't care about AI traffic. Keep it up!!!

Me too, for Porto Santo, no need of traffic.

However, I would like the traffic at LPMA like I had in the old Madeira version, with often 4 or 5 airliners on the apron, from carriers like TAP.

Is it by design there is hardly any airliners traffic at LPMA? Do we need to get traffic add-ons?

• Aerosoft
15 hours ago, Raymond66 said:

However, I would like the traffic at LPMA like I had in the old Madeira version, with often 4 or 5 airliners on the apron, from carriers like TAP.

As FS does not have TAP as an airline that must have been statics (so not traffic) or inserted by a traffic add-on.

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 18 Stunden , MK-Studios sagte:

Hello Luis,

Thank's for making note on this. I'll investigate missing objects and see what we can do here. 

We're collecting some materials for Porto Santo so it'll be done definitely. Since there's really sloped runway there we're investigating possibilities to implement this function. However that'd mean no ai traffic, so we haven't decided yet. 

Mateusz

Sounds great, I'm looking forward for future updates.

8 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

As FS does not have TAP as an airline that must have been statics (so not traffic) or inserted by a traffic add-on.

As I don't have any traffic add-on, I can only conclude that, in the previous old version of Madeira, it was static aircraft.

1 hour ago, Raymond66 said:

As I don't have any traffic add-on, I can only conclude that, in the previous old version of Madeira, it was static aircraft.

In the previous version, when you installed the scenery, it also installed some AI traffic liveries so it could then use in the scenery itself.

Just now, Flightplayer said:

In the previous version, when you installed the scenery, it also installed some AI traffic liveries so it could then use in the scenery itself.

Thanks for confirming this, which I thought was the case.

I wonder why it is not the case in this new version...

Also, if you read Mathijs post:

10 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

it appears there wasn't some AI traffic included, after all.

I am confused now...

On 21/03/2017 at 5:26 PM, MK-Studios said:

Hello Luis,

Mateusz

Thanks for the feedback!

Porto Santo (LPPS) is my base airport so if you need help or information please let me know. Although I am not related to aviation I have some close contacts on LPPS tower (ATC) and Pilots flying in a daily basis the turbo prop (AeroVIP) between Porto Santo and Madeira (LPMA).

I would prefer to have AI instead of the slope runway... Visually, there isn't much of a difference between slope vs non slope LPPS runway representations. The slope isn't as pronounced or even close to what we have in LPMA. In reality the LPPS slope is the result of different thresholds elevations between runway 36 and runway 18, being that the runway 36 threshold is lower and the runway 18 threshold higher. I am also a huge AI user, I always have the true domestic, military and charter flights AI To and From LPPS.

Regards,

Luís

PS: Really looking forward for LPPS and LPMA future improvements.

Archived