Madeira 1.02 - still only for P3Dv3.4?

WebMaximus

I wonder what's under the hood in v1.02... Made a quick flight between LPMA and LPPS and didn't realized differences. (static LPMA GA planes?)

• Aerosoft
6 hours ago, WebMaximus said:

The topic says it all and I'm thinking about the ground textures and the same issue found in 1.03 of Rome.

Basically all our developments is always done for the latest stable release of the sim(s).

3 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Basically all our developments is always done for the latest stable release of the sim(s).

OK, so what you say is you currently need to be on version 3.4 of P3D to be sure your products will work OK?

3 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

No, I can only say that we only test using the latest stable release of the sim the moment we release. We do NOT test with older, outdated, versions. 

Not sure I understand what is different between what you and I say but never mind. I hear what you say and so do everyone else reading this thread.

Will also add here since you closed another thread where it was discussed that I do understand the burden testing your products for different sims and different versions. Normally I fully understand the logic behind this.

However in this case with version 3.4 of P3D you do know very well like everyone else in here the amount of severe VAS issues that was introduced in this version of P3D. For that reason many people decided to

1. Never update to 3.4 in the first place after reading about all issues

2. Revert to a previous version in order to be able to fly again

With this fact I would certainly think twice what version I will develop my products for. Also I find it strange how it has been perfectly possible to develop products that will be compatible with all revisions of P3Dv3 up until now when all of a sudden version 3.4 is the only version where you can guarantee your products will work.

Do as you please, close this topic as well and carry on developing new products that will only work for 3.4 users or...carry on developing products that will work for all 3.x users. We don't even talk about different versions here Mathijs like 3.x vs 2.x but different revisions/builds of the same version where the latest revisions/builds (3.4.xxx) have been and still are notorious for causing severe issues to a degree where many people won't even be able to finish a normal flight.

Is that really the only build you want to develop for and support...I would certainly give that question some serious thought if I was in your position.

Archived