MAP Frankfurt v2.10 Orientation of Aircraft at Gate B46

dmwalker

I recently mentioned this problem as shown in the attached image. My download was from USA. I uninstalled and re-installed and the problem was still there so I uninstalled again and installed the download from Germany instead of USA. The problem was solved. I uninstalled the version from Germany and re-installed the version from USA and the problem returned. I found during installation that the download from USA was actually V2.06 instead of 2.10, even though the two filenames were identical.

Please login to display this image.

• Developer

Can you please make one check:

When you clear the cache of your browser via the settings, the download again from the use,is the Installer in the ZIP still not named 210.exe at the end?

I had a simular problem sometimes, where the link was the same name, but the zip file has a newer content. I always got a old file, until I clear the cache of the browser.

But it tis possible, that there is the wrong zip on the server.

I use Firefox and have set it never to remember history. I confirmed there was no history, including download history and I re-downloaded the USA zip file as requested. The USA downloaded installer extracted from the zip file has the same file name as the Germany downloaded installer:

AS_MEGA-AIRPORT-FRANKFURT-2-0_FSX-P3D-FSXSTEAM_V210

but, when I start the installation, the interface windows show v2.06 in the lower left corner.

Actually, history is a little different than the cache, and it's best to periodically clear your browser cache so that your browser functions better / more efficently.

In this case, I'm not sure that the clearing the cache would result in a different download, but it depends on a number of factors so it's worth a shot.

The references I find for clearing the browser cache in Firefox all refer me to browser history which includes download history. If you let me know how you would clear the browser cache in Firefox, I shall be happy to try another download.

Is it not the case that the installer for version 2.06 would be named as ........V206.exe?

• Developer
vor 6 Stunden , dmwalker sagte:

The references I find for clearing the browser cache in Firefox all refer me to browser history which includes download history. If you let me know how you would clear the browser cache in Firefox, I shall be happy to try another download.

Is it not the case that the installer for version 2.06 would be named as ........V206.exe?

I have only the german version, but try this url: about:preferences#advanced

In the preference -> advanced -> Network menu you should find a button to clear all saved Webcontent.

The ZIP you can download should be named AS_MEGA-AIRPORT-FRANKFURT-2-0_FSX-P3D-FSXSTEAM_V210.zip

When you unpack the ZIP, the Installer EXE must have the name AS_MEGA-AIRPORT-FRANKFURT-2-0_FSX-P3D-FSXSTEAM_V210.EXE

and when started, it must show 2.10 in the upper right corner.

I cleared the cache in the Network menu and downloaded from USA. The ZIP file is:

AS_MEGA-AIRPORT-FRANKFURT-2-0_FSX-P3D-FSXSTEAM.zip

The installer exe is:

AS_MEGA-AIRPORT-FRANKFURT-2-0_FSX-P3D-FSXSTEAM_V210.exe

and, when started, it shows v2.06 in the lower left corner.

Further information:

The file size of the installer exe from Germany is 1,666,791 kB and the file size of the installer exe from USA is 1,664,118 kB.

• Developer
vor 38 Minuten, dmwalker sagte:

Further information:

The file size of the installer exe from Germany is 1,666,791 kB and the file size of the installer exe from USA is 1,664,118 kB.

Thanks for your check, can confirm that, the file at the USA Server is buggy.

When I copy the ..V210.exe called file via Windows out of the ZIP, I get as you the correct name of the File, but it is Version 2.06

When I use 7Z and select "extract here", I get 2 error messages and the Exe is name AS_MEGA-AIRPORT-FRANKFURT_FSX-P3DV2-P3DV3-FSXSTEAM_V200.exe

I send a email to the responsable persons of Aersoft, the must have a look into it.

Archived