Mega Airport Frankfurt V2.0 not in Update Database

Alaex

Greetings Aerosoft,

i just read the topic ->

The boxed version is no hardware. Sure it is on a DVD which might be "hardware" but on that we boxed owners obtained software. So don't come with that bullshit.
Next thing is that if i buy a nvidia graphics card (which in fact is hardware) they still provide me with updates.

I know that Aerosoft are great sports and always quick with a reply and help but i really think that post was poorly handled. I quote:
" Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic."

This topic was not answered at all. The OP still has no clue how to get the new update with a lot of important fixes furthermore he was given some very vague explanation.
I only created a new topic because the same happened in the german subforum and I can not accept this behavior towards Boxed Version Buyers. We purchased a software and of course want the same updates as the online shop buyers.

Hello Alex,

as Oliver already told, the update is already available for download customer box customer ll find it shortly at support.aerosoft.com we cant give out a ETA yet, but i expect it next week.

Please make sure if you want fast update you should prefere to buy the download version.

Thanks for the quick and helpful reply Fabian.

Nice to hear that you are working on a way to implement the new Version into the Update Database.
Normally i only buy the download version but i had some sort of discount bonus in my local media store so i thought "yeah go for it".

But quite interesting that it takes at least a week for you guys. Is it because you have to create an extra installer only for the update?

I guess it is how it is. I was just not happy with Olivers answer in the linked thread because it sounded like "Boxed owners can't expect update because you bought hardware and this is software" - which is still a lame explanation in my opinion.

• Developer
Vor 1 Stunde, Alaex sagte:

I guess it is how it is. I was just not happy with Olivers answer in the linked thread because it sounded like "Boxed owners can't expect update because you bought hardware and this is software" - which is still a lame explanation in my opinion.

But that is only what you "have readed" out it, not what I have sad. I don't say that the Box will not get an update and I explane where they get it, when availble, nothing more.

The Box is not anymore the preferred version, because your "Media Markt" (and all others between) get's more from your money for it, then Aerosoft (and the developers of course). Beside the technical reasons, that's why download version will be handle faster for Release and Updates, when a box is anymore done for the product.

I just read what you very writing here in the english forum and in the german forum aswell. In the german forum some other user even said that he found your answers not helpful at all.
And that is also what i think. Not sure whether you had a bad day or what was wrong with you.

Nevertheless Aerosoft added Frankfurt V2.10 to the Update Database which is great news! Aerosoft didn't let me/us down just as i expected from them! Great support!
Thank you very much.

Update is downloading while i am writing these lines and i am very pleased that it all worked out so well.

• Aerosoft

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

On 3/16/2017 at 11:27 AM, Alaex said:

So don't come with that bullshit.

Please do not use those terms in this forum. It will not be accepted.

Archived