EDDF v.210 AFCAD: Aivlasoft EFB isn't recognizing RWY18 as takeoff RWY anymore

monokuro

As the title suggests after the update to v2.10 Aivlasoft EFB (which is taking the AFCAD as a source for runway and consequently SID assignments as a basis) is producing an error message after the update: "Navigation data runway ident 18 at airport EDDF could not be assigned to simulator runway."

I assume something went wrong with the AFCAD update?

Other than that thanks for the update and the moving jetways :)

Jan

• Developer

No, that is not "wrong", it is as designed. The problem is, that the Afcad is the only way to have a chance to controll the FS ATC and AI Traffic handling.

So you must use some tricks to make it possible, that the user can request the Runway 18 for takeoff from FS ATC and not to get a sideeffect, that AI Aircrafts will land there.

Thats not only in MAF used, but maybe in a special way there.

Now, when there is a other tool, like the EFB, which expect that the AFcads will provide the full real data, we get a conflict here. By an EFB tool, I whould expect that there better source whould be a NavData source, like Navdatapro or Navigraph, as there are all real data for flight relvant infos like runways, ils,sid and stars included.

Maybe you can ask Aivlasoft, if there is a option to overrole the AFCAD in there Software.

Thanks for your quick response.

I'll definitely let the developer know. That said, I think your recommendation will fix the EDDF issue, but it may introduce others. For example, if a runway layout in P3D/FSX is not up to date (as it would be in the Nav Data) it would create yet another conflict. For most of the modern add-on sceneries this may be less of an issue since they would be pretty much in line with reality, but for default airports or older add-on airports there may be yet another discrepancy. So I guess it would boil down to choosing between two evils :). 

Again, many thanks.

Jan

• Developer

So, attached you find a replacement Afcad for testing. Please move the original file AF2_EDDF_FSXC04.BGL from the ..\Mega Airport Frankfurt 2.0 Airport\Scenery folder to a save location and unzip the attached file in that folder.

Then check what the EFB Tool says to that. It may see a small runway 18A/36A and 18B/36B, but there is now also a 18/36 with full size and lenght for takeoff marked available.

The ATC will still can be ask for Ranway 18 as alternative Depature Runway, the Ground will then give you a Taxiinstruction to Runway 18A or 18B, where the A/B should not be the issue here.

Maybe this is a good Compromise.

This is only a test version, not fully tested with AI Traffic, so no official supported version yet. But I think the AI Traffic will handle this correct (as he ignore the Runway 18,18A,18B anyway).

Give me a feedback if it will work with EFB.

Many thanks Oliver. I will test and report back. The only caveat is that I won't be able to test AI traffic behaviour. I'm exclusively flying online and don't use AI. Perhaps somebody else can test that. Otherwise I can be brave and try it myself, but I am not experienced in P3D ATC at all :D.

Hi Oliver,

I replaced the AFCAD as you recommended and can report back that it fixed the issue in EFB. I can now again select RWY18 for t/o and also the corresponding SIDs as per the navdata. So, all seems to be working normal now from an EFB perspective. I hope you could verify that the AI traffic behaviour is still intact?

I assume the temporary AFCAD will be replaced with the next update, so I leave it in for now and watch out for the next update?

Many thanks for your quick help. That's highly appreciated.

Jan

• Developer

Have placed a small patch to fix this issue here:

If you had the Testafcad from this thread installed, don't forget to delete it.

Archived