Mega Amsterdam Texture Problem

Edster

Hi Everyone,

Just recently something has changed my Mega Amsterdam ground textures. See Pictures. I have Dublin, Zurich and Heathrow Extended and all are fine. In the pictures included you will see the area surrounding the airport is fine. The airport itself looks default textures are showing through. Can someone offer me help to fix this. I am using FSX-SE.

Thanks,

Ed

2017-3-13_17-55-40-668.BMP

2017-3-13_17-55-54-41.BMP

2017-3-13_17-56-26-190.BMP

2017-3-13_17-56-14-928.BMP

2017-3-13_17-55-48-320.BMP

Hi Mathijs,

Thank you for your response.

The only thing I changed that I can recall, and I keep a log of my changes, is that I recently installed the Mega Amsterdam patch and I upgraded to the latest version of FSUIPC.  I do have a restore point that goes back before this, and I wonder if I should use that method to try and resolve the issue, or perhaps reinstall the Mega Amsterdam scenery?  The pictures I  posted dont show it, but the whole area also has a huge amount of tiny flickers when overflying. 

Hi Mathijs,

I uninstalled and reinstalled the scenery but the conditions still seem to exist, perhaps not as bad. I will try placing Mega Amsterdam higher in the  the cfg list as per your suggestion. I dont remember fiddling with the FSX.cfg , but I'll go over it with a fine tooth comb this evening.  I have my FPS slider set at 31 and it pretty much stays there. I could try raising it see if that might make a difference. 

Ed

Hi Mathijs,

I moved the FSX.cfg  file and let it rebuild the file but the results are the same. I'm going to leave it here for now and search for other ideas. My other 3 Areosoft titles work great and I dont want to take a chance messing with them.  One other thing, I did add a couple freeware sceneries to the Addon scenery folder a month or so back. I would think if that mattered though, it would affect Dublin, Heathrow or Zurich as well?

Dont want to take up any more of your time. I've done all I can think of for now.

All the best,

Ed

Hi Guys,

Nope no Orbix installed but I do have GEX Europe but that's been on for a long time now.

Below sealevel, hmmm  ..never thought of that but could explain why Dublin, Zurich,  Heathrow Extended all work so well.

As far as flicker goes, I dont mind a bit of that, I'm used to it, but this flickering I speak of is more a sparkling rather than a flicker like how the water shimmers and sparkles. I do have a fairly high end system.  My GPU is getting on though,, GTX770, but I think it's still a good card.  Of course during night landings, there are no issues, so I think Schipol will be seeing me more at night :)   

Hi Galax,

Yes, thats how it should look. It's a very brown scenery as compared to the textures around it. The issues I have is the farm field textures coming up through the scenery itself and shimmering sparkling that covers the whole airport, but none of the surrounding scenery is affected.

Can you take a screen shot at 10,000 feet and show me?

Thanks

Ed

Edit: My pictures fail to show the shimmering sparkling affect. I will try to take a short video of the phenomena. It sounds like the issue is unique to my system, which means the onus is on me to figure it out.

Edit 2: At least I think that's how it's supposed to look. It's how mine has always looked as far as I can remember.

Galax17, that looks pretty much like mine. So it appears the textures are ok, except for the shimmering and sparkling. Do you get any of that in yours? Mine looks like a million stars twinkling on the ground, as if the ground is covered with millions of tiny bugs all moving around within the confines of the scenery.

13 minutes ago, Edster said:

Galax17, that looks pretty much like mine. So it appears the textures are ok, except for the shimmering and sparkling. Do you get any of that in yours? Mine looks like a million stars twinkling on the ground, as if the ground is covered with millions of tiny bugs all moving around within the confines of the scenery.

Yes some shimmering on the grass/farmfields especially when moving picture around, more than on other Airports. Also some strange shimmering ahead of the plane in some places which moves forward when the plane moves forward. Dont sound as I have as much as you describe though. When at gates and around the centralbuilding area everything looks great. Im also with FSX:SE.

Hi Galax17,

Same here,  scenery is fine with no shimmering or sparkling at all at the gates. I get very little of that effect over the non airport areas though. My runways in this scenery seem to be outlined with tiny little dots. FSX-SE is great, very stable compared to the boxed FSX.

Archived