Mega Airport (Amsterdam Schipol) FS2004 AI Traffic Problem Query

eddywinch82

Hi there,

I have problem with the Amsterdam Schipol Airport Mega Airport Scenery for FS2004. Which is quite interesting, When I was using the default AFCAD,

I had a AI traffic KLM 747 disappear from the TrafficViewboard program menu, when parked, I then used an updated AFCAD, which I downloaded from the AVSIM Website. And that AI Plane no longer disappears when parked. But now a Transavia AI Aircraft is parked for a short time, then disappears when it should be about to depart. Yet other Transavia's parked next to it don't. There doesn't appear to an obstruction present. Why with one AFCAD, does one AI Aircraft disappear ? but then when I use the other AFCAD, a different AI Aircraft disappears from it's parking spot ? Any help and information would be much appreciated. I really am impressed with the detail of the Scenery though, especially the Motoways with Vehicles driving on them, the docking gates, and the Airport vehicles, it really is a work of art. Also does anyone know of any other AFCAD's available for this Scenery for FS2004. And if you do could you give me links to them ? Best Regards Eddie Winch

Eddie,

Sorry you're having some issues.  All I can offer is a generic answer, especially as I don't have the software in question.

Given the age of the software it may prove difficult on our end to find someone to test and reproduce it, which is what would have to happen before any type of fix (if needed) could be produced - and again given the age of the software that is just very unlikely.

I can't think of anything that would directly cause this, but obviously the AFCAD done by a private person has had some type of affect. You might consider writing to the AFCAD author (email address is in the AVSIM download) to see if he can help.

My vest best wishes!

Hi there, Many thanks for your replies guys, it's much appreciated. I will try to contact the creator of the AFCAD File in question, as one of you has suggested I do. I have noticed when running FS2004 before, that the CSA Airlines AI Aircraft does disappear on pushback. But then when I check the departure section of the TrafficViewboard Program, a while later the same Aircraft is in the menu in Flight. What could cause that to happen ? Also what causes AI Aircraft to disappear in Flight on approach, I am having AI Aircraft disappear in Flight not crash on approach to the Mega Airport Amsterdam Schipol Addon. I was running AI Smooth V1.20 until recently, as someone said that he hadn't had that occur when using AI Smooth V1.11. It doesn't happen as much in this version, but it still does a bit, could a certain setting in that cause that to happen or will that not be due to AI Smooth ? It seems if I change the Control Batchsize setting different AI Aircraft disappear, i.e. one that previously disappeared will no longer do so, and the order in which AI Airliners land is different aswell ? Any help someone could give me would be much appreciated.

Archived