Kiosutra

Such disapointment form MK

10 posts in this topic

I am very bothered by MK Studios response to the collision issue. 

Crash detection does nothing for realism. The problem is that is actually has A LOT to do with realism. Its the effect of conciqunce. Knowing of a failure (or crash) is a fundamental element to a sim. FSX/P3D has little to provide this deliverance of consequence to the user. As an instructor I view this to be an EXTREMELY vital tool in simulation. So the sentence you utter here is a clear indication to me that your approach to simulation products is without much care or responsibility. And for that matter I would not recommend or purchase anything further produced from a studio that cannot appreciate an important aspect of ANY Simulation. 

The "crash detection" feature of FSX/P3D is just as bad as the default ATC.

The only thing more unrealistic than flying without any ATC is flying with the default ATC. And the same logic applies to crash detection, as it's so depicted in FSX/P3D.

10 hours ago, gmoneyprs said:

The "crash detection" feature of FSX/P3D is just as bad as the default ATC.

The only thing more unrealistic than flying without any ATC is flying with the default ATC. And the same logic applies to crash detection, as it's so depicted in FSX/P3D.

Lol. I cant think of anything more unrealistic than not crashing whatever you fly into. I have more than 30 payware Airports and never had any problems with crash detection which I have enabled.

15 minutes ago, Galax17 said:

Lol. I cant think of anything more unrealistic than not crashing whatever you fly into. I have more than 30 payware Airports and never had any problems with crash detection which I have enabled.

How many airports do you have where the FSX ground is not where you actually see it? And how many of the 30 payware airports you have actually have crashable objects? A lot do not, you know? In fact most developers do not add crash boxes any more because FS handles them so badly. So it could very well that you have crash detection active without anything to crash into. You contact all those developers to say "I cant think of anything more unrealistic than not crashing whatever you fly into" cause for sure you must hate those sceneries!

Crash detection has always been buggy in every version of FS I know. Not only because FS often mixes up your viewpoint with the actual aircraft (so when you are in outside view the aircraft often is unable to crash or you crash you viewpoint), it also takes a lot of resources to calculate, even in the air and thus lowering framerates.

How often do you run into things that crash detection is an important thing? 

3 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

How many airports do you have where the FSX ground is not where you actually see it?

Crash detection has always been buggy in every version of FS I know. Not only because FS often mixes up your viewpoint with the actual aircraft (so when you are in outside view the aircraft often is unable to crash or you crash you viewpoint), it also takes a lot of resources to calculate, even in the air and thus lowering framerates.

Truth to be told it has happened a few times I didnt crash while hitting a building and one time a crash at the apron of an payware Airport (Bromma) but as a whole I find it to be ok on payware. Freeware Airports (ex. Graz, Istanbul) have this problem to a bigger extent though. on those I disable crashdetection before flying into/from.

But again, many developers simply do not include crashable objects anymore. In your logic that would be highly unrealistic and I wonder if you complain about that as well. Probably not as you probably never noticed. So where is the issue?