Date of flight can't be in past

I've been resetting my computer clock to get around this, which works but is a pain, but is there any way to disable this message? I can't really understand what the thinking is behind this restriction (since we're not talking about real-world flight planning). I normally simulate flights that have happened in the last week, so I run into this all the time. Maybe an option to turn this warning off?

James

But one day in the past is fine? :P

In case I didn't explain myself clearly: anyone -- and I do mean anyone -- who uses historical weather (or doesn't always fly with live weather, for any variety of reasons) is going to want to "schedule something in the past" at least some of the time. I think there's a fair number of people who use historical weather who also use PFPX. The message, and the workaround, are simply a nuisance to those people. It would be great for those of us in that situation to be able to disable this "realistic" feature. Just make it a settings choice!

James

You are only seeing a warning message reminding you that the date is in the past. Selecting continue allows release of the flight anyway.

So there is no need to change the computer date which in itself may very well lead to problems with date/time stamp files.

But that's just it: that's not actually true if the date is more than one day in the past. It simply says "date of flight can not be more than 1 day in the past," with no option to continue (trying to release a flight less than 24 hours in the past does work as you describe). The only way to get past that is to change the computer date. I agree that's a far from ideal solution, which is why I started this topic!

James

The ONE day in the past allows for a departure delay to a scheduled flight.

There is nothing to prevent you planning NOW using historic weather, other than a date on the OFP there would be no difference.

Ok, thanks -- good to know. I thought it might affect ActiveSky as well. As nice as it is to have the right date on the OFP (partly for purposes of knowing what date to set in FSX) that might be an easier workaround than changing computer time/date.

Confess I'm still at a bit of a loss to understand why the program has this restriction in the first place, but I guess it is what it is.

James

The program is designed to schedule and plan with realistic operations in mind by real-world pilots and dispatchers James.

Historic function doesn't really fit that ethos. Personally I wouldn't like to see that degraded.

Archived