No ground layout in P3D

airbusflyer

Hey guys,

in P3D 3.2 I have no layout that means no taxiway lines and no gate lines from the taxiway towards the parking position. The lights on the apron and on the runways seems to work fine so far. Also the leading lights working.

I followed the manual and deactivated the named files and the airport within FTX Vector.

Thanks for assistance

Damn...forgot that. I'm talking about Madeira airport with the new scenery.

Maybe a moderator could add that to the topic title please. I can not change the thread anymore...

have the same issue , but don't know if there are really there in scenery, couldn't a picture here were they are good to been seen

in this forum, because the asphalt taxiway looks like to be another component in the scenery then the ramp area, think

that we see here a part of default scenery.

but maybe mk-studio can explain this.

@sydney1962

if you look in the AS site where you can buy the scenery there you can find 1 or 2 pics with the details of the apron. And it's clear visible there should be some markings. Also in real life there are markings (I have been to Madeira already).

Just look through the sales site. http://www.aerosoft.com/us/fsxp3d/pre-order/1519/madeira-x-evolution?number=AS13854

PS: Maybe it has something to do with the minimums: Lockheed Martin Prepar3D V3.4  stated on the AS site? I'm still on 3.2 due the problems I've heard from in 3.4

• Developer

The scenery are exported with last P3D 3.4 SDK tools, so I recommend to update the client. Check THIS topic, point 6. With the last version of P3D all VAS/performance problems were fixed as far as I know.

Well i would say contact simmarket, you will sea in my attachment that they are telling everyone it's compatible with prepar3d v3.... not v3.4.

Verry disapointing things!!! 3.3.5 is a far better version for me and now i have to move if i want to use this scenery...

Please login to display this image.

• Developer
vor 14 Minuten, stijnsarah18 sagte:

Well i would say contact simmarket, you will sea in my attachment that they are telling everyone it's compatible with prepar3d v3.... not v3.4.

Verry disapointing things!!! 3.3.5 is a far better version for me and now i have to move if i want to use this scenery...

Please login to display this image.

Yes, the scenery is compatible with V3, at the moment V3.4.22.xxx is the latest for all available fix for V3. No Windows programm will forever work with the first release version of windows, all needs fixes and they are sometimes (if effecting the programm) needed to use it. Same here. No developer or publisher is able to handle every fixlevel ever exists and provide for all states the related versions. 

So, the availble fix level at release time is the relevant state for the product, no older and no not availabe future fixlevel.

Users who keep there sim uptodate will request that all there products compatible to V3 will work with the newest fix, other what to have it for outdated version.

When all customers are willing to pay for each fix update or keeping older fixlevels available, Aerosoft will be willing to provide this service, but not when there is not a primary need for that.

Development at the Sim plattform is nice, but it has also it's negativ side effects. FSX from Mircosoft is stayable since now 10 year, there you don't have your issues. ;)

On 11/03/2017 at 11:11 PM, airbusflyer said:

Hey guys,

in P3D 3.2 I have no layout that means no taxiway lines and no gate lines from the taxiway towards the parking position. The lights on the apron and on the runways seems to work fine so far. Also the leading lights working.

I followed the manual and deactivated the named files and the airport within FTX Vector.

Thanks for assistance

Hey guys,

I have the same issue and I have udpade my Prepar3D to the version v3.4 and now its work fine.

You can find instruction here:  http://www.prepar3d.com/Prepar3D_Download_and_Install_Instructions_v3.pdf

Thanks for your help

Kind regards, ward_t

P.S: Sorry for my English :) 

On 12-3-2017 at 11:05 PM, OPabst said:

Yes, the scenery is compatible with V3, at the moment V3.4.22.xxx is the latest for all available fix for V3. No Windows programm will forever work with the first release version of windows, all needs fixes and they are sometimes (if effecting the programm) needed to use it. Same here. No developer or publisher is able to handle every fixlevel ever exists and provide for all states the related versions. 

So, the availble fix level at release time is the relevant state for the product, no older and no not availabe future fixlevel.

Users who keep there sim uptodate will request that all there products compatible to V3 will work with the newest fix, other what to have it for outdated version.

When all customers are willing to pay for each fix update or keeping older fixlevels available, Aerosoft will be willing to provide this service, but not when there is not a primary need for that.

Development at the Sim plattform is nice, but it has also it's negativ side effects. FSX from Mircosoft is stayable since now 10 year, there you don't have your issues. ;)

Can be true but why can Aerosoft tell us in the discription 3.4 and simmarket only v3? Information needs to be correct!! specially in the sim and computer world... MK studios brought an update to the LIRF scenery with the compatibility 3.4. I asked them ' could there be a problem in v3.3.5?' they stated no we don't think so. And this was correct, all fine. with Madiere this seems to be not working. No problem for me.  If you say p3dv3 you can say 3.1/3.2/3.3/3.3.5/3.4hf1 3.4hf2 /3.4hf3... If there is only 1 specific version to use, it has to be told!

I have to agree here and I think and hope Aerosoft (and any other developer/publisher) need to make sure to be very clear when only a specific revision of a version will work with a certain product. Especially when it's well known (and I'm positive Aerosoft is just as aware of this as the rest of us) that lots of people are still using previous revisions of P3Dv3 due to the severe VAS issues in 3.4.

I had the very same problem with the latest version of Rome where I was able to sort that issue by reinstalling the previous version of Rome which brought the ground textures back to normal. After reporting this and it was found what was causing the problem I said I think it's very important going forward that for any other products that will be updated to only work with 3.4 exclusively this must be very clear in the description of the product/update.

Looking in the rear mirror and to comment on what is said by Oliver above when I new version of a product has been released in the past it has usually meant it will work with the latest revision of the simulator including previous revisions - not exclusively with the latest revision only.

This is new and this is what makes it very important this is very clearly communicated by all sale channels and in any update information sent out...if you're not on the latest revision/build (P3Dv3.4) you won't be able to use the product successfully.

Too bad because I would really have liked to get this product with its demanding approach etc. However at the same time I'm not very tempted to start messing around with a 100% stable and well performing P3D installation with zero issues just to be able to use a single add-on or two that requires P3Dv3.4. This is even more true with P3Dv4 around the corner.

Would be great if MK Studios could provide the relevant ground polygon files for download to make the scenery usable for pre-v3.4 users. Due to VAS issues in 3.4 a lot of simmers are still on 3.3.5 or 3.2.

Just wanted to add I gave the latest incarnation of P3Dv3.4 a second go during the weekend and it did allow me to use the latest version of Rome (1.03) with no ground textures issues and would of course also have allowed me to get Madeira using the same technique for ground textures but it also came with another not so nice side effect...using the exact same settings and add-ons I suffered from an OOM due to low VAS shortly after I reached my ToC out from Rome maybe 20 minutes into the flight and I noticed already down on the ground how my available VAS was almost 500 MB lower compared to what I see with P3Dv3.2.

Thanks to AOMEI Backupper which saved me so many times now after I tried something out that didn't work out as I hoped it was a quick thing to revert to P3Dv3.2 like nothing happened and no more VAS issues.

So after this I'm 100% positive I'll stay on P3Dv3.2 until P3Dv4 is released and is proven to be a stable and well performing version. This also means I won't buy a single more product that is exclusive for P3Dv3.4.

If I was a developer I would think twice about using an SDK that will exclude any potential customers but those running P3Dv3.4.

You're right, 3.3.5 certainly is a much preferred version over 3.4 but I still decided to go back to Prepar3D_v3_Professional_3.2.3.16769 to be exact since that version seemed to be the most stable version from a VAS perspective after reading lots of reports. Part from this issue with ground textures with the latest version of Rome and apparently also Madeira I've had zero issues with 3.2 so couldn't be more happy with the stability in this version of P3D.

3 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Indeed, 3.3.5 is simply the best version.

Hmm...really?

Well, I guess I could give 3.3.5 a try but are you saying that would solve the issue with ground textures? Because I thought it was said the reason for the problem is an SDK specific for 3.4 was used meaning it would only work OK in P3Dv3.4 or did I misunderstand?

• Aerosoft

But fact is that we simply can't release for anything else then the latest stable release of the sim(s) at the moment we release. All other versions might work but we do not guarantee it.

Just think about the weeks of testing needed if we need to do all test in all versions.

OK, I head what you say Mathijs but I'm sure you're also understanding my position as a customer and the fact I won't buy any more of your products if they won't work with the version of the simulator I'm running. And the reason I'm not on the latest version has already been discussed as well as I'm far from the only one and the reason why we don't want to run the latest version. Everyone in the business knows about this.

Oh well...not a big deal really. I'll just continue to enjoy all the products I already have that are working fine in 3.2 until version 4 is released :)

• Aerosoft

Okay, if you run an outdated version of the sim you might be better of not buying our products. 

We do get people who insist that our products run on the original FSX DVD release and are angry that it does not. That's unfortunate, but we are already testing on 3 sims, 3 OS platforms. (so that is 9 test runs). Adding versions of the sim that you can no longer buy would make these test basically last until the end of time.

Archived