Navigraph Charts

Goshob

Hi,

Please excuse me, if the topic is not for here, but I feel that it has lot to do with A320.

I am practicing flying to London, EGLL. Landing on RWY ILS27R using STAR BIG4B and the last Navigraph charts cycle 1703. Looking at the chart for ILS DME 27R it can be seen that the plane should fly 2 arks from WEALD till reaching the runway. It is not clear based on what the database was made, however stated arcs look like the attached screenshot once the route is entered in the MCDU.

My question here is if someone knows based on what logic the additional WPs describing the arcs were made? Flying through them and especially following 279 makes the AP a bit confused and in several occasions it missed the route. I personally feel that it would be much better, if this WP can be moved a bit more North in order to be somewhere in the middle of the parallel branches. Flying the arcs using VOR might be an option, but honestly speaking, this is a stage, which I had not reached yet :)

Thank you and would appreciate any comments.

Please login to display this image.

I've flown that Star without any issues.

The waypoint locations come from the Navigraph NavData and are fixed locations (latitude and longitude of the actual waypoints), so moving them is really not practical.  You can edit them yourself if you choose, and instructions for editing Navigraph data can be found on the web (Google is your friend for that).

Best wishes!

1 minute ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I've flown that Star without any issues.

The waypoint locations come from the Navigraph NavData and are fixed locations (latitude and longitude of the actual waypoints), so moving them is really not practical.  You can edit them yourself if you choose, and instructions for editing Navigraph data can be found on the web (Google is your friend for that).

Best wishes!

Hi Dave,

I managed to follow them several times also, but several missed too :( Can you share how was the situation after F127R? There was a need of slight right turn also before aligning with the runway. Was it same with you?

Archived