Shared cockpit between default and Extended

RemcoWaddie

Hi all! 

A few months ago, a friend of mine bought Aerosoft Airbus A320/A321 Extended. 

Today, I was planning to buy it too, both because I like it and because I would love to fly shared cockpit. However, it turned out that the Extended version is no longer being sold. 

So that's why I have the question:

Can you still fly shared cockpit without any problems if one person has the Extended version while the other one has the 'default' version, assuming they both use the same 'update'-version? (current is 1.31 I thought) 

Would like to know :)

Thanks and regards,

Remco

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hoi Remco,

The Airbus extended never had the connectd flight deck function if you talk about that when you say shared cockpit. The newest versions of the A318-321 with V1.30 and above have the CFD function. So if your friend has this version you can also buy the current version and you two can fly together as one crew. 

Hi Remco,

both of you need exactly the same version.

I don't quite understand what you mean with the "default" version though.

The Airbus X Extended is an old Airbus product from 2012 which did not support shared cockpit flying.

Hi Frank,

Thank you very much for your reply.

In that case, I will buy it :)

Remco

Just now, Emanuel Hagen said:

Hi Remco,

both of you need exactly the same version.

I don't quite understand what you mean with the "default" version though.

The Airbus X Extended is an old Airbus product from 2012 which did not support shared cockpit flying.

Hi Emanuel, 

You have the Extended version and just "Aerosoft Airbus A320/A321". This is what I mean with 'default' :) Understand the confusion though

Hi Remco,

yep, as said, the Extended is just an extended version of the first Airbus X.

Have a look at this thread:

24 minutes ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

Hi Remco,

yep, as said, the Extended is just an extended version of the first Airbus X.

Have a look at this thread:

Thanks Emanuel.

So, for the last check: It won't make any sense, as long as you both have the same version (1.31 atm)? 

Also... remember that you can get a great discount when purchasing the most recent A320/A321 if you owned the previous version.  See the bottom of the Product Description for more information.

Archived