Madeira Mesh Mega Topic

12 minutes ago, OPabst said:

I don't know, if there is a free (or in a acceptable pricelevel) source for a better mesh of Madeira available. 

I also don't know, what resolution the FTX Global mesh has for Maderia.

But when another meshaddon with a higher LOD level is installed, the FSX/P3D will use that one, independet in which Layer of the Scenery Library it is installed. While other scenery content is loaded by the layerorder, meshes are loaded by the LOD Level.

I attach a screenshot showing the ORBX default recommended settings for OpenLC Europe for FTX Global.

Please login to display this image.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow thanks for the quick fix, Its close enough to the ground that you do not notice the float unless you really look. Will this file be in the next update or just used if I notice it again?

Thanks Again

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello, I want to share some fixes for Madeira 1.05a. My source data is SRTM 1 arc-second recompiled to LOD 11.

It should work for FSX/P3D1,2,3,4.

1. Adds missing Mesh for Ilhéu do Farol

removed

Copy to "Prepar3D v4\Ecosystem\Aerosoft\MadeiraXEvolution\SCENERY"

2. Adds higher LOD Mesh for Ilheu Da Fonte Da Areia, now it's beeing displayed.

removed

Copy to "Prepar3D v4\Ecosystem\Aerosoft\PortoSantoXEvolution\Scenery"

@MK-Studios

feel free to use it in 1.06

follow up here:

And following on from previous posts, I am happy to report that ORBX FTX Vector ( released today) works flawlessly with this scenery, with no loss of framerates.

9 hours ago, masterhawk said:

Hello, I want to share some fixes for Madeira 1.05a. My source data is SRTM 1 arc-second recompiled to LOD 11.

It should work for FSX/P3D1,2,3,4.

1. Adds missing Mesh for Ilhéu do Farol

LPMA_Terrain_missing LOD11 by Bob.bgl

Copy to "Prepar3D v4\Ecosystem\Aerosoft\MadeiraXEvolution\SCENERY"

2. Adds higher LOD Mesh for Ilheu Da Fonte Da Areia, now it's beeing displayed.

Meshfix LOD 11 by Bob.bgl

Copy to "Prepar3D v4\Ecosystem\Aerosoft\PortoSantoXEvolution\Scenery"

@MK-Studios

feel free to use it in 1.06

Awesome! Thank you!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, good afternoon.

I have Madeira X and i run it on FSX Steam with REX4, FTX Global and Europe LC. Recently i have experienced some issues with this marvellous scenery:

-Runway changes textures depending on the view, cirlcling around views solves the problem but its there and very noticeable after being pushed back from any stand or by taxying to Rwy05,

-On MJC Dash8 Q400 display Madeira island shows up like bellow, with other add ons like Tropicalsim Azores islands it doesn't happen like this, the landclass is shown correctly on the aircraft radar display.

-How can i efectively remove Aerosoft AI traffic from MAdeira X?

Thank you very much. Regards.

• 3 months later...

Hi Guys

Maybe the answer is in here somewhere, but this a looooong thread;-)

Will the scenery run in P3Dv4 ?

Thanks

EDIT:  I dont have Orbx Vector but DO have Orbx Global installed

• Deputy Sheriffs
2 hours ago, Dougal said:

Hi Guys

Maybe the answer is in here somewhere, but this a looooong thread;-)

Will the scenery run in P3Dv4 ?

Thanks

EDIT:  I dont have Orbx Vector but DO have Orbx Global installed

Yes, it is compatible to P3Dv4

On 31/01/2018 at 3:48 PM, masterhawk said:

Yes, it is compatible to P3Dv4

Will I be able to install it using the LM recommended method, or must it be installed to the P3Dv4 root folder?

Thanks

• Deputy Sheriffs
55 minutes ago, Dougal said:

Will I be able to install it using the LM recommended method, or must it be installed to the P3Dv4 root folder?

Thanks

The installer will use the root folder.

you can redirect it to wherever you want, but you then maybe have to manually adjust some things.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys

This is a long and complicated thread.  I've tried to plough through it, looking for the info I need, but so far, have not found a solution to my problem...

After purchasing and installing Madeira X Evolution, although LPMA itself seems fine (and I love it!), LPPS is most definitely not:-(

LPPS has a huge MESH issue, whereupon the entire airport and surrounding area are raised by what appears to be several hundred feet at least at least.

I have FTX Global installed, but NOT Vectors.

Any specific LPPS help or advice much appreciated

Thanks

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, Dougal said:

Hi Guys

This is a long and complicated thread.  I've tried to plough through it, looking for the info I need, but so far, have not found a solution to my problem...

After purchasing and installing Madeira X Evolution, although LPMA itself seems fine (and I love it!), LPPS is most definitely not:-(

LPPS has a huge MESH issue, whereupon the entire airport and surrounding area are raised by what appears to be several hundred feet at least at least.

I have FTX Global installed, but NOT Vectors.

Any specific LPPS help or advice much appreciated

Thanks

Hi, what is the version of the installer?

Which sim are you using?

Any old LPPS addon left on your system?

Scenery order correct?

Have you checked/ did you follow number 1, 2, 3 and 5 of this post?

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/120871-madeira-mesh-mega-topic/&do=findComment&comment=804438

58 minutes ago, masterhawk said:

Hi, what is the version of the installer?

Which sim are you using?

Any old LPPS addon left on your system?

Scenery order correct?

Have you checked/ did you follow number 1, 2, 3 and 5 of this post?

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/120871-madeira-mesh-mega-topic/&do=findComment&comment=804438

Hi Bob and thanks for reply.

Version is: AS_MADEIRA-X-EVOLUTION_FSX-P3D-FSXSTEAM_V105a

Sim is P3Dv4.2

I did previously have the earlier Aerosoft version installed, but NOT within the P3D root folder (XML method) so have been able to fully remove all remnants of this.

Scenery order checked and correct.

Items 1,2,3 & 5 all followed (and double checked)

Removed my 'Toposim' Mesh too, but didn't change anything:-(

Got to be clashing with something i suppose, but I just can't find what.

• Deputy Sheriffs
58 minutes ago, Dougal said:

Hi Bob and thanks for reply.

Version is: AS_MADEIRA-X-EVOLUTION_FSX-P3D-FSXSTEAM_V105a

Sim is P3Dv4.2

I did previously have the earlier Aerosoft version installed, but NOT within the P3D root folder (XML method) so have been able to fully remove all remnants of this.

Scenery order checked and correct.

Items 1,2,3 & 5 all followed (and double checked)

Removed my 'Toposim' Mesh too, but didn't change anything:-(

Got to be clashing with something i suppose, but I just can't find what.

Is there any old file in scenery\world\scenery from LPPS? There should be a new one.

You can try this, besides a few fixes it includes highres mesh for LPPS. Maybe its helping.

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/127517-madeira-x-evo-105a-fixes-all-in-one-unofficial/

3 minutes ago, masterhawk said:

Is there any old file in scenery\world\scenery from LPPS? There should be a new one.

You can try this, besides a few fixes it includes highres mesh for LPPS. Maybe its helping.

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/127517-madeira-x-evo-105a-fixes-all-in-one-unofficial/

The only one is: AFX_LPPS_ALT.bgl which I 'believe' is the correct file?

will check out what you've posted ta!

On 19/02/2018 at 6:32 PM, masterhawk said:

I've now tried all the above, but still can't use LPPS due mesh issues:-(

If anyone has any more ideas how I might fix this, or what might be wrong on my system, I'd be very grateful

Thanks

• Aerosoft

Mmmm, in these case really the only way is to go back to a basic system and start adding things one by one until it goes bad. then you know where the conflict is. We can only hope that there will be a more logical system in the future. 

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Mmmm, in these case really the only way is to go back to a basic system and start adding things one by one until it goes bad. then you know where the conflict is. We can only hope that there will be a more logical system in the future. 

OUCH!  ;-)

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, Dougal said:

OK finally got it flyable at least:-)  Not too sure this is exactly how it should look, but it'll work.

Hi, is this with my high res mesh? If yes, it’s correct. I was not able to edit the source file to fit perfectly. IRL there is a rwy slope of 30m high difference.

On 22/02/2018 at 2:22 PM, masterhawk said:

Hi, is this with my high res mesh? If yes, it’s correct. I was not able to edit the source file to fit perfectly. IRL there is a rwy slope of 30m high difference.

Yes it is.

Thank you for doing that too - much appreciated!

• 1 month later...

I bought the update for P3D v.4 and that works perfectly, much better than under FSX. I have no more the problem of the lights. Only small problem, probably of my fault: I do not see any more wind turbines.

Thanks for your help.

François

Archived