Madeira Mesh Mega Topic

1 hour ago, masterhawk said:

FSGlobal 2010

FSGX2010\AFR\scenery\DX043020.bgl

FSGX2010\LocalMeshes\scenery\cvxLPMA.BGL

I don't have major terrain problems (only roads falling down the cliffs near the 05 runway end, and the big boulders along the airport), but I have a question.

I have FSGlobal 2010.

I do have FSGX2010\AFR\scenery\DX043020.bgl

But in FSGX2010\LocalMeshes\scenery, there is no cvxLPMA.BGL and no .BGL files at all. The only thing here is a Read-Lies.txt file, which says:

"This directory is for placement of meshes, which should be above FSG mesh.

Dieses Verzeichnis ist fuer die Platzierung von Meshes, die im FSX/P3D ueber dem FSG Mesh angezeigt werden sollen."

I wonder where that FSGX2010\LocalMeshes\scenery\cvxLPMA.BGL comes from for some people... or why I don't have it.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Developer

@masterhawk  Thank you for your input in tracking mesh compatibility issues. V1.01 is on it's way. In the meantime here is missing mesh and updated coastlines. I also updated the list and included the files that you provided above. Good job!

Still looking at ORBX and other FS Global issues. You may also try to get in touch with support of this product developer as they may be more helpful troubleshooting such issues. 

CVX_MADEIRA.BGL

longisland_MK_terrain.bgl

Vor 1 Stunde, masterhawk sagte:

Thats FSX, correct?

Do you use a mesh addon?

Is there maybe an older version of Madeira Freeware/payware somewhere active or just a part of it?

- Possible alt-fix leftovers could be in [FSRoot]\Scenery\World\scenery      (AFX_LPMA_ALT.BGL belongs to Madeira X Evo)

- Another Traffic addon with own AFCAD's

Are you using mesh setting 1m?

What are your texture settings?

Hi,

Yes that´s FSX

No, i don´t use a mesh addon or a traffic addon and this is my first madeira scenery.

I also checked my  [FSRoot]\Scenery\World\scenery folder.

My settings:

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 38 Minuten, Raymond66 sagte:

I don't have major terrain problems (only roads falling down the cliffs near the 05 runway end, and the big boulders along the airport), but I have a question.

I have FSGlobal 2010.

I do have FSGX2010\AFR\scenery\DX043020.bgl

But in FSGX2010\LocalMeshes\scenery, there is no cvxLPMA.BGL and no .BGL files at all. The only thing here is a Read-Lies.txt file, which says:

"This directory is for placement of meshes, which should be above FSG mesh.

Dieses Verzeichnis ist fuer die Platzierung von Meshes, die im FSX/P3D ueber dem FSG Mesh angezeigt werden sollen."

I wonder where that FSGX2010\LocalMeshes\scenery\cvxLPMA.BGL comes from for some people... or why I don't have it.

The local mesh folder and it content was installed by fsglobal.

My P3D Settings in case of meshes are 1m . This was already required by the FSGlobal Ultimate NG.

I have also check this problem with switched of FSGlobal Ultimate NG

I just can confirm that I have placed LPMA_MK_Terrain.bgl into the subordner scenery of MadeiraX2016 within the P3D already yesterday.

regards Roger

Hello Mateusz

After I recognized those round cubes already with only installed FSGlobal Ultimate NG - EUR and ASI.

I switched off the whole Folder FSGU_NG (EUR-ASI but nothing changed still the cubes there.

I added AFR to FSGU_NG and made a trial with switched on and and switched off EUR, ASI and AFR but still the same ( cubes close to the AP)

I checked the  FSGU_NG - AFR folder  about N33W017 N32W018 N32W017 .bgl  but there is no such file names there. I have names from DX041025.bgl to DX063039.bgl

I think I have to contact Pilots Software about my FSGU_NG scenery folder file names .

Anyway and anyhow the round cubes near the airport are still existing after switch off FSGU_NG.   

I will go forward with further checking.

Roger

@ Masterhawk

I opened FSGU_NG and renamed DX043020.bgl to .inactive but the same problem occurs ( 3 round cubes on the hill close to the Airport)

The second file you mentioned LocalMeshes\scenery\cvxLPMA.BGL is not existing in FSGU_NG file structure.

MK Studio needs further investigation.

Roger

@Masterhawk

Konnte keinen LocalMesh Ordner finden. Habe nur FSGU_NG - AFR. ASI und EUR installiert.

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 58 Minuten, romair sagte:

@Masterhawk

Konnte keinen LocalMesh Ordner finden. Habe nur FSGU_NG - AFR. ASI und EUR installiert.

Thanks

vor 2 Stunden , MK-Studios sagte:

Mesh resolution should be set to 1m. Please check this.

Thanks, now it looks perfect :)

Hi I got a (maybe silly) question...

With all the vector files disabled do we still need the optional file that is installed during installation or do we have to use the normal file now?

Just asking as I saw there are two files in the option-directory.

• Developer

mostflatten_novector.bgl includes roads elevations fix from Gelo to the airport. You can check if that works for you or not, another _vector.bgl is without this data. There should be only one in the scenery folder at the time (MadeiraX2016).

The update for 1.01 is on it's way and will be released next week I think.

@ MK Studios

@Masterhawk

After spending more time  I could find the  trouble maker of the rund cubes North of the LPMA Airport. 

Jose Alberto here in this thread mentioned about a files called 4320s I remember that the file 4320_WTR_Waterbodies.bgl had made similar trouble on the older Madeira products.

I de-acitvated 4320_WTR_Waterbodies.bgl and thee round cubes disapperared from the scenery.

Right now there is so far one problem remaining. The sharp rocks on the coastline west side of the Airport.

I used the Vector Configuration Tool and removed all cross marks (de-activation) no better result.

I made further investigation on ORBX Vector and FSGU_NG and I deactivated both Folders within the SceneryConfigEditor but no better result.

I also moved away all ORBX Vector files within the Folder ORBX Vector CVX no better rsult.

Probably somebody here have an idea which addon is causing These rocks instead of a proper coast.

Roger 

Obviously I have a Mesh problem too. See attached Pics. PIC 1: no RWY. Pic 2: black area left and right of the "RWY". When getting on this black area I find myself immediately below the RWY.

The solutions posted here don't fit to my problem. Of the 7 points listed in the first post I have checked no. 1 and can confirm that the files ore off. Numbers 2-7 don't apply as I don't run the named add-on's. However I am running UTXEur. Could it be that  the problem is related to this one?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Norbert

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 8 Minuten, Norbert01 sagte:

Obviously I have a Mesh problem too. See attached Pics. PIC 1: no RWY. Pic 2: black area left and right of the "RWY". When getting on this black area I find myself immediately below the RWY.

The solutions posted here don't fit to my problem. Of the 7 points listed in the first post I have checked no. 1 and can confirm that the files ore off. Numbers 2-7 don't apply as I don't run the named add-on's. However I am running UTXEur. Could it be that  the problem is related to this one?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Norbert

SODE is required for this addon.

It can be that UTx adds an afcad and vectordata. Check the config tool and the UTx folders. But is Madeira covered by UTx? Madeira is in the west of africa.

On 9/3/2017 at 3:45 PM, MK-Studios said:

4)  In case if you have ORBIX installed too:

Two airports should be disabled in the configuration tool. 

This will disable some BGLs:

***FOR LPMA***

ORBX/FTX VECTOR/FTX VECTOR APT/ FILES ABP_LPMA.BGL and ABP_LPMA_Default.bgl and APT_LPMA.bgl MUST BE REMOVED or changed extention to .INACTIVE
ORBX/FTX VECTOR/FTX VECTOR AEC/ AEC_LPMA.BGL MUST BE REMOVED or RENAMED to extention .inactive

***FOR LPPS***

ORBX/FTX VECTOR/FTX VECTOR APT/ FILES ABP_LPPS.BGL and ABP_LPPS_Default.bgl and APT_LPPS.bgl MUST BE REMOVED or changed extention to .INACTIVE
ORBX/FTX VECTOR/FTX VECTOR AEC/ AEC_LPPS.BGL MUST BE REMOVED or RENAMED to extention .inactive

What we observed running FTX configurator doesn't solve the problem as two files
ABP_LPMA_Default.bgl and ABP_LPPS_Default.bgl remain unchanged after using the program. So it's required to remove
it manually every time you use FTX configurator (!).

For coastline problems:

Go to ORBX/FTX_VECTOR/FTX_VECTOR_CVX/scenery and change all file extensions beginning with 4320 (there should be 17 files) to .bgx or remove them (make backup first!).

@MK-Studios please see this post from ORBX forum on the above 4) when I referred them to what you write.

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/131812-abp_icao_defaultbgl-files/

I don't know if its public access so I copy the response anyway.

Hi there,

the only component of airport files that cannot be dealt with by excludes or display priority are those that contain an airport's reference altitude; these are the AEC_{ICAO}.bgl files in the \FTX_VECTOR_AEC\scenery folder and they are the ones that Vector's control panel (the AEC scanner) deactivates when it finds an add-on with a different reference altitude; see http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/131295-na-northern-rockies-bug-report/?do=findComment&comment=1170498

All other components, including those ABP files, can be dealt with by excludes or display priority. Specifically, the ABP file contains just the background (grass) polygon with an associated flatten (see screenshot). A simple exclude polygon with an "airport bounds" tag will prevent it from displaying. In fact, I would assume that the Madeira X developer needed to make such an exclude to get rid of the default airport background, so that particular file is already dealt with anyway. Has anyone tested whether keeping that Vector APB  file active makes any difference in the display of Madeira X?

Perhaps the LPMA developer didn't actually check for file contents in TMFViewer or similar tools but rather looked for any Orbx file with "LPMA" in its name and claimed that all of them need to be deactivated. They don't, provided the Madeira X developer included the standard basic excludes with his own project files.

Cheers, Holger

@MK-Studios

I did some further tests.

I deleted the file ABP_LPMA_Default.bgl and left inside only the ABP_LPMA_Default.inactive

Then I run again the FTX Airport Elevation Correction tool.

It did not leave inside any ABP_LPMA_Default.bgl file.

This tool changes only AEC files, not ABP files.

So this statement looks like it is wrong:

What we observed running FTX configurator doesn't solve the problem as two files
ABP_LPMA_Default.bgl and ABP_LPPS_Default.bgl remain unchanged after using the program. So it's required to remove
it manually every time you use FTX configurator (!).

Where did the original file ABP_LPMA_Default.bgl originate from ?

It seems this file was creating the problem but it is not a file that FTX tool reinstates every time it is run.

I attach screenshots of my files in the FTX folders.

Hello Kiprianos

On my P3D I have remaining sharp rocks instead of a coastline close to Google Earth sreenshot. I have ORBX/FTX installed and FSGU_NG and I switched all files which I could find in several threads and also on thread above confirmed to the state .inactiv

but still the rocks are there.

On my FSX I have no ORBX/FTX but UTX/GEX and FSGlobal2010 and I also moved all LPMA/LPPS releated files to .inactive including  those in FSGlobal2010. Result: Almost the same sharp rocks westside of LPMA.

For your reference I present here the screenshots again.

I have really no idea which mesh or scenery addon could disturb LPMA's coastline on the westside.

Roger

After deactive ABP_LPMA_Default.bgl and ABP_LPPS_Default.bgl (change .bgl in .inactive) I noticed that if I need to use again FTX Tool for fix a elevation of other airport installed after Maderia X (in my case LPPR Tropicalsim with wrong elevation needed to be fixed with FTX), the FTX Tool during the correction of elevation of newst airport also rename again ABP_LPMA_Default and ABP_LPPS_Default in .bgl from .inactive.

Then generate again the problem of elevation, solvable turning again the files in .inactive.

So strange...

2 hours ago, generale84 said:

After deactive ABP_LPMA_Default.bgl and ABP_LPPS_Default.bgl (change .bgl in .inactive) I noticed that if I need to use again FTX Tool for fix a elevation of other airport installed after Maderia X (in my case LPPR Tropicalsim with wrong elevation needed to be fixed with FTX), the FTX Tool during the correction of elevation of newst airport also rename again ABP_LPMA_Default and ABP_LPPS_Default in .bgl from .inactive.

Then generate again the problem of elevation, solvable turning again the files in .inactive.

So strange...

Strange indeed. I had that also on the previous old version of Madeira.

What I did (already for the previous version), was to move (cut) these 2 files

from

...\FSX\ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_APT\scenery

to

...\FSX\ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_APT

So they are not in scenery, so not used, but they are not far (not lost).

I never had problems after running the Vector AEC utility.

I hope it helps.

42 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

There is a new version for download now that includes all the things we believe are stable enough to distribute.

Is there an update installer or do I just re-download the product again and over-install?

Thank you.

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 34 Minuten, Fizzelle sagte:

Is there an update installer or do I just re-download the product again and over-install?

Thank you.

redownload, deinstall old version, install new one.

Archived