Madeira Mesh Mega Topic

• Aerosoft

We decided to make one topic for Madeira mesh issues to avoid a lot of overlapping topics. Start by reading with the developer here explains, it will solve almost all of the issues. 

Please do NOT discuss any other issues but mesh conflicts here!

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Developer

Ok, I've done some post regardin Madeira troubleshooting for many products. Some of them are similar to those experienced in the previous product, common thing is that they're mostly caused by 3-rd party addons.

If having mesh/coastline issues please check:

1) If the default files were excluded correctly

In FSX/P3D main/scenery/0502/scenery check if you have those files disabled/removed

APX43200.bgl

CVX4320.bgl

If not move them or change extension to .bgx

2) For those using MESH addons:

Some Versions of FSGlobal offer the AFM Tool. Make sure to deactivate any LPMA or LPPS relevant settings inside this tool.

FSGlobal 2010

FSGX2010\AFR\scenery\DX043020.bgl

FSGX2010\LocalMeshes\scenery\cvxLPMA.BGL

FSGlobal Ultimate

FSGUX\AFR\scenery

N32W017.bgl

N32W018.bgl

N33W017.bgl

FSGUX\LocalMeshes\scenery\cvxLPMA.BGL

FSGlobal Ultimate Next Generation / 2020

FSGU_NG\AFR\scenery\DX043020.bgl

FSGU_NG\LocalMeshes\scenery\ any files containing LPMA or LPPS

FreeMeshX

FreeMeshX - Europe\scenery\N30W020.bgl

Remove the file (make backup!) or change extension to .bgx

3) TrafficAddon users

For MyTraffic go to

MyTraffic/Scenery/BR2_LPMA.BGL and MyTraffic/Scenery/BR2_LPPS.BGL and remove/change file extension to BR2_LPMA.bgx and BR2_LPPS.bgx

If you run any other TrafficAddon check if that addon installs own AFCAD and disable the ones for LPMA and LPPS.

4)  In case if you have ORBX Vector installed too:

Two airports should be disabled in the "FTX Vector Configurator" tool. 

This will disable some BGLs:

***FOR LPMA***

ORBX/FTX VECTOR/FTX VECTOR APT/ FILES ABP_LPMA.BGL and ABP_LPMA_Default.bgl and APT_LPMA.bgl MUST BE REMOVED or changed extention to .INACTIVE
ORBX/FTX VECTOR/FTX VECTOR AEC/ AEC_LPMA.BGL MUST BE REMOVED or RENAMED to extention .inactive

***FOR LPPS***

ORBX/FTX VECTOR/FTX VECTOR APT/ FILES ABP_LPPS.BGL and ABP_LPPS_Default.bgl and APT_LPPS.bgl MUST BE REMOVED or changed extention to .INACTIVE
ORBX/FTX VECTOR/FTX VECTOR AEC/ AEC_LPPS.BGL MUST BE REMOVED or RENAMED to extention .inactive

What we observed running "FTX Vector Configurator" doesn't solve the problem as two files
ABP_LPMA_Default.bgl and ABP_LPPS_Default.bgl remain unchanged after using the program. So it's required to remove/rename
it manually every time you use "FTX Vector Configurator" (!).

For coastline and waterbodies problems:

Go to ORBX/FTX_VECTOR/FTX_VECTOR_CVX/scenery and change all file extensions beginning with 4320 (there should be 17 files) to .bgx or remove them (make backup first!).

5) Mesh displaying wrong/our of 3 models

Make sure Mesh Resolution in the flight sim options is set to 1m.

6) If having some problems with missing ground polygons in P3D check if you use the last version. v3.4 and higher are supported. 

ou can find instruction here:

http://www.prepar3d.com/Prepar3D_Download_and_Install_Instructions_v3.pdf

And more detalied one:

http://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/495199-updating-prepar3d-v3-using-the-update-component-installers/

7) If runway lights are not present/ground polygons missing

Since v1.04 SODE is no longer required.

Please run the scenery, check Madeira at night for the lights, close the sim. Then post as attachment SODE log from: C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\log.

In the meantime I recommend checking these directories for files:

C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjects for MKSTUDIOS_MADEIRA folder

C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\xml for MKSTUDIOS_MADEIRA .xml

If present

Download last sode 1.4.2 from http://sode.12bpilot.ch/?page_id=9 

Run the file and use repair option. At the end Sode Platform manager will run. Unregister and deactivate SODE then Register and activate it again. Finish installation and check the SIM again.

😎If having some weird object display issues I recommend to restart your pc/flight sim. If none of above helps you may try to reinstall the scenery. Install it with right click "run as admin" option.

Hope this helps.

Hello MK Studio Experts

Your description above is almost the as we had to use on the older Madeira X your help and your detailed description is much appreciated.  Thanks.  

With concern to my screenshot about round tubes on the hill of north of Madeira AP I have not installed FSGlobal2010 I have installed FSGlobal Ultimate.

I made a trial with switched off FSGlobal Ultimate but so far the same picture. If FSGlobal would interupt Madeira it will be not easy to find the responsible .bgl but anyway I switched of the whole Global Ultimate Folder for testing.

I do not have UTX on P3D 3.4 only ORBX/FTX and there I have no active LPMA and LPPS .bgl

Not further advise.

Roger

Olá ^_^

I know that the orography of the island is very complicated to imitate, but I think that all the approach zone (namely Gelo and Rosario zone) should be better reproduced.

These images were taken before editing the 4320s files:

Please login to display this image.

Yesterday I flown there and said "OMG, this is awful!"

These images were taken after edit those 4320s files:

It's better! but I think it could be better than that. I like the "Machico" or runway 23 solution:

This is Gelo and Rosario in reality

Does someone have a better photo?

I almost forgot, I have this problem at 05:

• Deputy Sheriffs

I recommend to disable the FSGlobal Ultimate mesh files. That solved my smal issues with flying houses and strange cliffs/hills near airport.

For LPMA:

E:\FSGUX\AFR\scenery

N32W017.bgl

N32W018.bgl

For LPPS:

E:\FSGUX\AFR\scenery\N33W017.bgl

Vor 1 Stunde, masterhawk sagte:

I recommend to disable the FSGlobal Ultimate mesh files. That solved my smal issues with flying houses and strange cliffs/hills near airport.

For LPMA:

N32W017.bgl

N32W018.bgl

For LPPS:

Hello MK Studio Experts

Your description above is almost the as we had to use on the older Madeira X your help and your detailed description is much appreciated.  Thanks.  

With concern to my screenshot about round tubes on the hill of north of Madeira AP I have not installed FSGlobal2010 I have installed FSGlobal Ultimate.

I made a trial with switched off FSGlobal Ultimate but so far the same picture. If FSGlobal would interupt Madeira it will be not easy to find the responsible .bgl but anyway I switched of the whole Global Ultimate Folder for testing.

I do not have UTX on P3D 3.4 only ORBX/FTX and there I have no active LPMA and LPPS .bgl

Not further advise.

Roger

Hello  Masterhawk

Your suggestion does not match my problem.

I have not installed AFR within FSGlobal Ultimate

My cliffs/hills are above the hills near LPMA must be troubled by an other source.

Roger

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 2 Stunden , masterhawk sagte:

For LPMA:

N32W017.bgl

N32W018.bgl

For LPPS:

Here you see the difference:

@MK-Studios Is it possible to rework the satimage? I mean next to airport the image is really green and the rest of the island does look washed out. A more colorfull island would be great. Thank you.

As already said, great scenery. Since I added your fixes

cvx_madeira.bgl

lpma_placement.bgl

LPPS_MK_terrain.bgl

AFX_LPPS_ALT.bgl

followed the instructions #2 and disabled my mesh all is working really nice. Well done!

• Deputy Sheriffs
Vor 1 Stunde, romair sagte:

Hello MK Studio Experts

Not further advise.

Roger

Hello  Masterhawk

My cliffs/hills are above the hills near LPMA must be troubled by an other source.

Roger

You screenshot does look strange. Is it the angle of the camera, or is your island very flat?  It looks like some strange to low mesh an waterbodies with the correct altitude. Can you post more screenshots from different angles of the island?

Is your mesh setting 1m?

If you have not installed FSGlobal Ulimate Africa you are using the default mesh for madeira. Do you have the file LPMA_MK_Terrain.bgl inside MadeiraX2016\Scenery? Thats the mesh deliverd by the addon.

vor 13 Stunden , masterhawk sagte:

For LPMA:

N32W017.bgl

N32W018.bgl

For LPPS:

vor 11 Stunden , masterhawk sagte:

You screenshot does look strange. Is it the angle of the camera, or is your island very flat?  It looks like some strange to low mesh an waterbodies with the correct altitude. Can you post more screenshots from different angles of the island?

Is your mesh setting 1m?

If you have not installed FSGlobal Ulimate Africa you are using the default mesh for madeira. Do you have the file LPMA_MK_Terrain.bgl inside MadeiraX2016\Scenery? Thats the mesh deliverd by the addon.

Hello Masterhawk

Your response here does not have any relation to my problem. I have a perfekt LPPS and LPMA from the top view to airport ground view.

My problem is only the 3 round hills placed in the photo ground opposite side of the terminal building. I have the same result without FSGlobal Ultimate AFR and with the installed FSG Ultimate NG AFR. So far no difference. FSGlobal Ultimate NG have other file names in their scenery Folders. Example:  DX043027.bgl

It seems that this 3 round hills are not caused by the FSGlobal Ultimate NG. 

From the top view so far I can not opserve any problems. LPPS have a nice colour on the AP and on the Island. LPMA have a dark green round the airport and a more bright green on the Island. This is not a problem for me because many other airport addons have the same apperance.

Have a look again to my last creenshots.

vor 11 Stunden , masterhawk sagte:

Is your mesh setting 1m?

Helo

Hello MK Studio Experts

Not further advise.

Roger

Hello  Masterhawk

Roger

Hello Masterhawk

Your response here does not have any relation to my problem. I have a perfekt LPPS and LPMA from the top view to airport ground view.

My problem is only the 3 round hills placed in the photo ground opposite side of the terminal building. I have the same result without FSGlobal Ultimate AFR and with the installed FSG Ultimate NG AFR. So far no difference. FSGlobal Ultimate NG have other file names in their scenery Folders. Example:  DX043027.bgl

From the top view so far I can not opserve any problems. LPPS have a nice colour on the AP and on the Island. LPMA have a dark green round the airport and a more bright green on the Island. This is not a problem for me because many other airport addons have the same apperance.

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 4 Stunden , romair sagte:

Hello Masterhawk

Hi, what you see there are 3 waterbodies with the correct altitude, but wrong mesh arround. I still believe, that you have a mesh issue.

So the questions are still:

Is your mesh setting 1m?

Do you have the file LPMA_MK_Terrain.bgl inside MadeiraX2016\Scenery?

My P3D Settings in case of meshes are 1m . This was already required by the FSGlobal Ultimate NG.

I have also checked this problem with switched off the FSGlobal Ultimate NG.

I just can confirm that I have placed LPMA_MK_Terrain.bgl into the subordner scenery of MadeiraX2016 within the P3D already yesterday.

regards Roger

• Deputy Sheriffs

vor 4 Minuten, romair sagte:

My P3D Settings in case of meshes are 1m . This was already required by the FSGlobal Ultimate NG.

I have also checked this problem with switched off the FSGlobal Ultimate NG.

I just can confirm that I have placed LPMA_MK_Terrain.bgl into the subordner scenery of MadeiraX2016 within the P3D already yesterday.

regards Roger

Hm...that's strange.

is there a leftover of an old Madeira Freeware or payware?

Do have or had an vector addon for that region that placed wrong waterbodies?

Have you tried a reinstall?

That all ideas I have.

• Developer

I know that FSGlobal Ultimate NG has some files that should be removed: FSGUX/AFR/scenery N33W017 N32W018 N32W017 .bgl 

Maybe that's the thing.

I have also check this problem with switched of FSGlobal Ultimate NG

regards Roger

Hello Mateusz

After I recognized those round cubes already with only installed FSGlobal Ultimate NG - EUR and ASI.

I switched off the whole Folder FSGU_NG (EUR-ASI but nothing changed still the cubes there.

I added AFR to FSGU_NG and made a trial with switched on and and switched off EUR, ASI and AFR but still the same ( cubes close to the AP)

I checked the  FSGU_NG - AFR folder  about N33W017 N32W018 N32W017 .bgl  but there is no such file names there. I have names from DX041025.bgl to DX063039.bgl

I think I have to contact Pilots Software about my FSGU_NG scenery folder file names .

Anyway and anyhow the round cubes near the airport are still existing after switch off FSGU_NG.   

I will go forward with further checking.

Roger

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi @MK-Studios,

as romaine mentioned, for the filenames of the mesh from fsglobal you have to differentiate the versions. They use different naming system:

fsglobal 2010

??

fsglobal ultimate

N33W017 N32W018 N32W017 .bgl

fsglobal ultimate next generation

?? (Something like dx123456.bgl)

Hi

I have some Problems with fire trucks levitating around 30m above the ground at LPMA

And a strange looking coast line near LPMA

I use ORBX Global.

So far I have tried all of your possible solutions from your post above. Sadly nothing worked :(

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 3 Stunden , masterhawk sagte:

Hi @MK-Studios,

as romaine mentioned, for the filenames of the mesh from fsglobal you have to differentiate the versions. They use different naming system:

fsglobal 2010

??

fsglobal ultimate

N33W017 N32W018 N32W017 .bgl

fsglobal ultimate next generation

?? (Something like dx123456.bgl)

Hi, @MK-Studios,

I did more research and have now an update.

FSGlobal 2010

FSGlobal Ultimate

FSGUX\AFR\scenery

N32W017.bgl

N32W018.bgl

N33W017.bgl

FSGlobal Ultimate Next Generation

?? (might be the same filename like FSG2010)

FreeMeshX

??

to add some more pictures to my previous post with some more mesh issues

large gap between the layers next to LPMA

bumps in front of the teminal and on the road

I have also check this problem with switched of FSGlobal Ultimate NG

regards Roger

Hello Mateusz

After I recognized those round cubes already with only installed FSGlobal Ultimate NG - EUR and ASI.

I switched off the whole Folder FSGU_NG (EUR-ASI but nothing changed still the cubes there.

I added AFR to FSGU_NG and made a trial with switched on and and switched off EUR, ASI and AFR but still the same ( cubes close to the AP)

I checked the  FSGU_NG - AFR folder  about N33W017 N32W018 N32W017 .bgl  but there is no such file names there. I have names from DX041025.bgl to DX063039.bgl

I think I have to contact Pilots Software about my FSGU_NG scenery folder file names .

Anyway and anyhow the round cubes near the airport are still existing after switch off FSGU_NG.   

I will go forward with further checking.

Roger

@ Masterhawk

I opened FSGU_NG and renamed DX043020.bgl to .inactive but the same problem occurs ( 3 round cubes on the hill close to the Airport)

The second file you mentioned LocalMeshes\scenery\cvxLPMA.BGL is not existing in FSGU_NG file structure.

MK Studio needs further investigation.

Roger

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi @MK-Studios,

I think it would be good to make one post with all released hotfixes until the update is released.

FSX- PAPI-Lighting fix:

BirdStrike Fix:

LPPS Mesh:

LPPS coastline fix and more ships:

LPPS Altitude fix:

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 1 hour , masterhawk sagte:

Hi, @MK-Studios,

I did more research and have now an update.

FSGlobal 2010

FSGlobal Ultimate

FSGUX\AFR\scenery

N32W017.bgl

N32W018.bgl

N33W017.bgl

?? (might be the same filename like FSG2010)

FreeMeshX

??

Hi, @MK-Studios,

next update:

FSGlobal 2010

FSGlobal Ultimate

FSGUX\AFR\scenery

N32W017.bgl

N32W018.bgl

N33W017.bgl

FSGU_NG\AFR\scenery\DX043020.bgl     (@romair can you confirm this file structure, please? FSGlobal Ulimate NextGen does not install LocalMeshes or other cvx****.bgl in other location? )

FreeMeshX

FreeMeshX - Europe\scenery\N30W020.bgl

• Deputy Sheriffs
Vor 1 Stunde, preric1 sagte:

to add some more pictures to my previous post with some more mesh issues

large gap between the layers next to LPMA

bumps in front of the teminal and on the road

Thats FSX, correct?

Do you use a mesh addon?

Is there maybe an older version of Madeira Freeware/payware somewhere active or just a part of it?

- Possible alt-fix leftovers could be in [FSRoot]\Scenery\World\scenery      (AFX_LPMA_ALT.BGL belongs to Madeira X Evo)

- Another Traffic addon with own AFCAD's

Are you using mesh setting 1m?

What are your texture settings?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi @MK-Studios,

during my resseach I discovered one problem (@ the end of this post).

When deactivating the mesh files from various addons this information is lost:

FreeMeshX:

FSG2010 and FSGU-NG:

FSGU:

With your addon this information is provided:

Here is the problem. The marked information is lost. Can you please add an mesh for this island-chain?

Archived