P3D Paderborn installer not working correctly

Dirk-NL

I dowloaded and installed Paderborn airport using the P3D installer. Although the process reported to be completed (without error message) I found 2 problems. First: when moving to the airport I saw the default only, not the new install. I checked the scenery.cfg: nothing in there. So I had to add the area's (Afd and German Airports 3) myself to get it active. Second: the Season tool is in the menu (W10) but when clicked I get a message that the exe file can't be found. In Aerosoft launcher the season tool is greyed out.

So something in the P3D is not working properly and it would be nice to get the season tool working (if it's active in Paderborn, of course).

Dirk

• Aerosoft

We have no reports of that so far and it does work on my system. I suggest a re-install using this method.

1) remove the product using the Windows Software control panel (do not manually delete the program files)
2) do a disk check (right click on the drive, select properties, select tools, select check now)
3) reboot your computer
4) log in with administrative rights
5) disable the anti-virus software temporary
6) install the product
7) enable the anti-virus software
8) defragment your disk (NOT if you are using a SSD)

Hi Matthijs,

I did point 1

Then, when manually checking the scenery.cfg the entries were still there. So I started P3D that came with a warning for both entries. Answered Yes to unload them. Checked the scenery library, they were still there. Deleted both aera's. Checked the P3D root directory and 'aerosoft folder' was deleted. Checked scenery.cfg. That was clean.

Then I did point 3, 4, 5, and 6.

At install 'The Flightsimulator could not located' message. I browsed to D:\Prepar3Dv3 which is the P3D root on my system. I ran the Launcher setup after that. Ran the Launcher.

The Season is still greyed out in the Launcher.

When started from the Windows menu a popup with something like 'The item Season.exe is changed or moved. etc.

The scenery.cfg is clean as a baby and does not contains 'aerosoft'.

Which means that the situation has not changed a bit.

I saw that the installation popup does not mention P3D in the main heading text. I don't think that this is the wrong installation file, because I expect that the sim version is checked. On the page where a summary of what is going the be the installation is shown, I saw the 'German Airports 1' was considered 'missing'. When that is essential and it is present on your system, then that could be the smoking gun.

Dirk

Oh, and one more thing.....

Isn't it a bit strange that the installer can't find the sim? All other installers that I used always come up with the correct location. 

Hmm.... that is strange.

I used regedit to find Prepar3D.exe and it is in the registry.

I checked the P3D root directory and (of course) it's there also.

Yesterday I installed the latest release of FSUIPC and, if I remember well, that Pete Dowson stuff checks almost everything for the install. I checked it's logfile and there I can see that the FSUIPC install could find it. Not that it is a guarantee that there is not something wrong with the registry. But I doubt that.

That leaves us with the fact, that when I point the installer at the correct directory, I presume it checks that prepar3d.exe is there. Otherwise it will probably abort the install. At least, that would have been my choice if I had designed the installer.

My idea is that your PC is not equal to mine. You have probably almost every Aerosoft product installed. So probably German Airport 1 and 2 and the Launcher are active already. If the Padeborn installer need something of those, then that could be the reason I'm having my issue.

I ran a Repair to see what happens. No change. No season.

I have a large pile of unsused boxed Mega Airports for FSX, but I dare not to get the season tool out of one of those. It will probably not work. ;-)

But if there is another way to get that installed please let me know. 

Dirk

Archived