Madeira X Evolution - Crash detection

centuryfly

13 hours ago, christian75 said:

Just the undefined crashing into invisible objects with the Glider is still there, but i fly always with crash detection off, so i think its not a big deal.

I have had it with my A320 too when taking off from runway 05, so something must be checked tho ;)

Edit: I have made screenshots of a few crash points. You can see the altitude and location of the crash point.

Please login to display this image.

vor 7 Minuten, MK-Studios sagte:

I advise you to turn off crash detection for Madeira as it may cause problems.

Sorry but this can´t be the only sollution, as the former Version Madeira X didn´t have this problems.

Another sollution - an as good as yours - would be not to buy this new Version and stay with the old one.
Sure you won´t be happy with that either ;-).

But surely most users fly with crash detevtion "off", but if we had to switch off all things that lead to realism
we don´t need a "simulator".

But I´d also think you´re trying your best to help us with all our problems. And that´s really great support.

3 minutes ago, MK-Studios said:

Crash/crash detection done this way in the flight sim has nothing to do with realism unfortunately. 

Crash detection is off, but I still have those random in flight colissions.

9 minutes ago, MK-Studios said:

These are the settings I recommend for this moment. I'll check our scenery for crashboxes.

Yes that is how I have it ;) The attached screenshots can help you detect them.

5 minutes ago, MK-Studios said:

Ok, that's strange. Does it happen with every aircraft? Do you use any addons that may add colision/crash effects? 

Yes it happens with every aircraft. And no, I have FTX GLOBAL and VECTOR but it did not make any difference by making 4320 files inactive or active.

Also strange, if I want to load the FSlabs A320 on LPPS I get a FSX crash, when I do that on LPMA everything is fine.

vor 39 Minuten, christian1974 sagte:

But surely most users fly with crash detevtion "off", but if we had to switch off all things that lead to realism
we don´t need a "simulator".

I know what you mean, but believe me: you will know in your simulator when you crash. For hard landings you can also use the tool "Lord of the Landing", which provides - inter alia - touch down rates. No need to turn on crash detection. More trouble than help.

• Developer

I don't think it's related to ORBIX/VECTOR addons. This is the first time I see this, what comes to my mind maybe animated birds has something to do with this. Could you please try to remove (make backup!) birds.bgl from MadeiraX2016/scenery and check then?

vor 10 Minuten, Cargostorm sagte:

I know what you mean, but believe me: you will know in your simulator when you crash. For hard landings you can also use the tool "Lord of the Landing", which provides - inter alia - touch down rates. No need to turn on crash detection. More trouble than help.

I don´t think you got me right.

For sure the crash detection is crab and most users don´t use it (me too) as it is buggy in so many scenerys.

But saying "well we have a problem here but you can solve it by deactivating a part of the flight simulator software you use" is not the
sollution I expect from a developer of a new scenery.

Problems like this in the past could be solved in other ways (checking chrashboxes etc).
And I´m sure MK will give us an acceptable sollution.

@MK: Seems you made realistic bird-strike in the end :-))

• Developer

And even reproduced it now... ;) Ok, I think we should change the addon name to Mysteries of Madeira. ;) 

• Aerosoft
5 minutes ago, christian1974 said:

But saying "well we have a problem here but you can solve it by deactivating a part of the flight simulator software you use" is not the
sollution I expect from a developer of a new scenery.

And yet, because if some limitations it is sometimes the only way to solve an issue. We always advise people to disable crash detect as it uses VAS and decrease framerates. In area where there are a lot of crashable objects it can also cause jitters. The function never made any sense to me .

As I written any scenery covering Madeira will have limitations because there is no 'ground'. The moment your wheels leave the ground the FS simulator engine reduces the level of accuracy of the ground, it is not calculated as often. That is why the aircraft can at one moment seem to float a few centimeters above the ground and when you load it again it can be slightly below.

@ Mathijs

I got no problem with the crash detection "off" sollution if nothing else is possible.

But the bigger problem ist, that also with crash-detection off, the crash-effect seams to apear.
This is a thing I never had in other sceneries.

Hello again

I´ve done a few tests now.

To me the problem with the crashes occur mainly above the apprach lights (the lights in front of the runways).

Maybe you can have an eye on this.

Archived