AFCAD for Oslo ENGM v. 2.0

Simon10

I´ve just installed Oslo Gardermoen v 2.0 for Prepar3d v 3.3 and everything is running smoothly apart from some strange parking behaviour by the AI traffic. Cargo planes park at the pax terminals. Does anyone have a more correct AFCAD-file for this airport?

Regards Simon

Please login to display this image.

Sorry for what may be a stupid question but do I need a program to install a correct AFCAD i Prepar3dv3? With other sceneries I´ve just found an alternative AFCAD-file including the correct parking assignments and then installed in the Scenery folder. My AI traffic is from AIG compiled with AIFP. 

Vor 1 Stunde, Simon10 sagte:

Sorry for what may be a stupid question but do I need a program to install a correct AFCAD i Prepar3dv3? With other sceneries I´ve just found an alternative AFCAD-file including the correct parking assignments and then installed in the Scenery folder. My AI traffic is from AIG compiled with AIFP. 

nothing stupid to ask if you are unsure

answer: no - you just have to deactivate the original AFCAD file (e.g. by changing the extension from .bgl to .off)

but it's a good idea to have an AFCAD editor just to "have a look into it" B)

Thanks a lot, Juergen. It works :boingy_s:- thanks to you ENGM is nowlooking as it should...

Hi Simon.

Could you specify which AFCAD file you used?

Because I found that editing the original one is not working because of "black box objects" which will make the compilation of BGL fail. Seems to be a weird protection against modification...

If your new AFCAD file is from AoN freeware, what version did you use?

Best regards, Christian

Hi Er!k.

Thank you for your file. This is much better indeed. If you have the capability to edit it, there are 2 minor changes that would make it perfect.

In the first screenshot there are 2 Hercules transport aircraft on "Cargo" positions, where they shouldn't be. Any military stuff should park anywhere in front of the Gardemoen Flystasjon, rights from the northern end of RWY 01L. It's marked on the second screenshot. Unfortunately these parking positions are completely missing in the original file. Some of the military guys (helicopters) use the GAT east of RWY 01L which is also not correct.

Have you edited your file yourself? And if so, with which software?

Thanks again and best regards, Christian

Hi, the military apron was already added, but I only assigned the codes BAF (Belgium Air Force) and NOW (Norwegian Air Force):

I use Flight1 AFX for editing (payware) but there is also a freeware one called Airport Design Editor (ADE).

So if your Hercules is placed on the cargo apron this can mean:

- Other parking code used

- Other parking type used in the aircraft.cfg (CARGO or RAMP)

- wing_span value is incorrect so it does not fit in the spot (see: http://www.flightsim2004-fanatics.com/FlightSim/FSXWingSpanValues.htm)

Hi Er!k.

Thank you for the explanation.

Seems all parkings spots on the military side have a too small radius for a C-130 Hercules. I've checked it in ADE (which is unable to compile the edited AFCAD though). As a comparison: in the "Airports of Norway" Freeware package there is at least the very right parking ramp (Mil Cargo) with a higher radius where the hercules fits in. I'll see if I spend 30 $ for a software that may iron out these little wrinkles or if I rather take your better AFCAD (as is) for free and accept these minor issues.

Best regards, Christian

8 hours ago, chicken_3h said:

Hi Er!k.

Seems all parkings spots on the military side have a too small radius for a C-130 Hercules. I've checked it in ADE (which is unable to compile the edited AFCAD though). As a comparison: in the "Airports of Norway" Freeware package there is at least the very right parking ramp (Mil Cargo) with a higher radius where the hercules fits in. I'll see if I spend 30 $ for a software that may iron out these little wrinkles or if I rather take your better AFCAD (as is) for free and accept these minor issues.

Best regards, Christian

If you look here: http://www.flightsim2004-fanatics.com/FlightSim/FSXWingSpanValues.htm you see the wing_span value of the Hercules should be 132.58. In this way it fits in a 21m spot. My spots are 27.1m. So the quick fix is to go to your Hercules folder and adjust the value of wing_span to 132.58. ;) It's under the [airplane_geometry] section.

only thing to consider - if all that "military spots" are coded for "BAF" and "NOW" it's unlikely that other military aircraft (e.g. GAF) will ever park there as an airline code will "distract" all aircraft not having that code (until there is really NO other spot of sufficient radius) - so to be "open" I normally leave one ore two spots of each kind without parking code to spare me aditing the ACAD for any chage of flightpans and visiting airlines.

P.S. I edited the ENGM AFCAD with ADE and compiled it (works like a charm for me) - there was something I had to "set" - I'll try to remember what it was and post here.

Thank you Er!k and data 63.

With your hints I've managed to park the Hercules aircraft where they belong. Just changed their airline code in the AI Flightplan Editor to "Norwegian" (NOW), which is one of the two airlines that are configured to park in front of the military part in ENGM. My problem is solved for now.

Best regards, Christian

On 15.3.2017 at 11:37, chicken_3h sagte:

Hi Er!k.

Seems all parkings spots on the military side have a too small radius for a C-130 Hercules. I've checked it in ADE (which is unable to compile the edited AFCAD though). ....

I checked my latest version of of the ENGM AFCAD (edited with ADE) and couldn't find anything special - what error did you get when trying to compile with ADE (maybe I changed something in the XML-Code which I do not remember)

Archived