Madeira Evolution - PAPI Lights barely visible

Fangtooth

I like the new Madeira scenery but there's a problem with the PAPI lights. They aren't visible during the approach. They are only visible when zoomed in or being very close to them. Somehting is off with the scaling of the lights.

I'm using FSX SP2, DX10 with Steve's DX10 Scenery Fixer

PAPI during approach not visible. (Please ignore the instruments....it's a replay ;-) )

Please login to display this image.

Now on zoom level 1.5 they are barely visible

And on zoom level 8 they are fully visible but somewhat dim as is the rest of the airport lighting

The same problem applies for daylight. It's even worse then because there's no contrast between the lights and the airport background. 

Marcel Kade

• Developer

In P3D we used standard papi lights that have great visibility. Unfortunately it's not possible in FSX in this scenery so we had to place custom ones there. I've got an idea for this.

vor 41 Minuten, MK-Studios sagte:

I've got an idea for this.

Sounds good. I wonder how the PAPI lights were done in the old version since they worked perfectly fine.

Just asking, could you provide the corrected PAPI light file as a quick fix before it's added to the main update? I'm sure it takes a while before the "big" update is ready. ;)

• Developer

Can do, copy and overwrite to this folder: C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjects\MKSTUDIOS_MADEIRAfsx

Visibility is slightly better, I'm still looking for alternative solution for this. 

papi.rar

vor 3 Stunden , MK-Studios sagte:

Can do, copy and overwrite to this folder: C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjects\MKSTUDIOS_MADEIRAfsx

Visibility is slightly better, I'm still looking for alternative solution for this. 

papi.rar

Very strange...at first the new lights were all white then suddenly all red viewed from distance (on correct glide path) and then after running DX10 Scenery Fixer again they completely disappeared...

• Developer

Here's how it looks on my pc. I assume it may be DX10 vs SODE related issue. Could you check this without DX10 preview mode?

Deactivated DX10 but still no PAPIs 

Then I switched back to DX10, added the "new" lights again, ran the Scenery Fixer and the PAPIs are back BUT I suspect the separation planes are wrong. Sometimes the PAPIs stay red or white eventhough you're moving through the correct glide path. Here's a short video I made showing the problem:

papi_mkmadeira.mp4

The overall visibility is way better with the new files though! 

Archived