ORBX Airports not loading via Simstarter

Sizel

Hi Simstarter

I just recently bought this interesting program and like all the settings etc i can fiddle with but i seem to have a problem with ORBX (Aussie) airports loading. OZX airports seem to be fine but with ORBX it just hangs at various percent and will not start up. I only run Australia FTX region which does load up with OZX which makes me think it's an airport add-on issue. I am unable to tick ORBX region in extended settings but i believe this is due to it being obsolete due to FTXCentral3 which i do use? Can't find any other post with similar issue. Does anyone know what I've done wrong?

• Developer

Hi Simon,

my name is Peter. B)

SIMstarter NG can't be the root cause of the non working scenery. Please try using a default aircraft, non complex aircraft.

If that doesn't work, please attach a debug pack.

I have since managed to get the said scenery to load (eventually). I did uninstall your program and reinstalled, but like you say that probably isn't the issue. I did re-migrate the ORBX scenery lookup thing again but whether that helped i don't know. Though I'm running FSX off an SSD it seems to take longer to load than i remember. (I've not been as regular with flight simming for awhile). Most of my previous FSX stuff was done on a different PC on HDD. Anyhow, issue is no more. Cheers.

Thanks for your reply Peter ; )

Archived