Is it possible to configure Flight Plan without SIDS/STARS

I cannot see in the instructions that it is possible to plan a route without SIDS/STARS. 

On Page 78 of the instruction manual i have it states 

'Planning a lateral route between a departure airport and a destination air-port has therefore to

include the airways and, maybe, tracks to be flown and optionally, the SIDs and STARs to be used.'

The only way I can see of planning a route without SIDS/STARS is to create the route then edit the route and remove the SIDS and STARS and then using the 'build route'.

Perhaps this is the only way to do it but I would have thought this would have been a configurable feature.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank-you.

Mike Houghton

You could use the airport editor and select the option to not use SID/Departure points/STAR's  but then the route would most likely fail validation as most European routes require at least the SID exit and STAR entry point to be included.

When you import the route into your aircraft, it doesn't load the departure and arrival procedures. So in effect, you've just done what you are are looking to do.

When manually planning a flight,  omit the sid/star from the Routing:

Example,  a possible routing from KLAX to KSFO  might be  VTU7 RZS J501 BSR  BSR2     The Venture 7 departure and BigSur2 arrival. (this is the non rnav sid/star routing)

When entering the route in the flight plan.   just enter   RZS J501 BSR   leaving out the Sid/Star  and then press Compute Flight.

The generated OFP  will not contain the Sid and Star.    

I never enter the SIDs or STARs in the OFPs. Just the last point of the SID and the first point of the STAR and I add extra distances IN and OUT. You never follow a SID or a STAR with the OFP but with the charts and instruments.

JP

Archived