Hawaii VFR Approach P3D

AIXtreme2K

Hello,

after i worked my way throught the checklist I tried to land on a carrier. I order to do so I load "Hawaii VFR Approach". The first time I try is all works well. But in case I Crash, I let the Mission restart and I noticed, that after restart both engines are off.

I also have to turn Steer CMD to AWL/PCL on each time. SAS are turned off too. Is this always the case? When in the air, how can I crank and start up the engines?

When approaching the carrier I also noticed something I cannot explain why. My airspeed is 135 kts, Wingsweep Auto, Flaps down, Hook down, Gear down, all SAS channels turned on, AP ACL not engaged yet. I trim the plane to 5° but it still sinks. even when I apply more power (and I gave it a lot more) to the throttles.

The plane seems to be on downward rails. To land the bird this would be good, but only when in the right vicinity to the carrier.

I hope someone can help me because it really causes headaches.

OK, I found the solution to one problem on my own. The permanent descending was a matter of (bad) trimming and the lack of throttle.

I need to practice some more but I will learn to handle this.

The Carrier landing I just tried was a success! I managed to land the F-14 on the carrier by hand. Whew...

On Final to the carrier I managed to keep the ballvery close to the center of the box (Shift+7) but ACLS Ready never showed up although hook was down, Flaps and gear were down, Steer CMD set to AWL/PCL.

At about 5 dme to the carrier "Set wind to 125" appeared and the dot was gone. I changed wind to the told direction but why did I drift so far appart of the glideslope and what can I do against it?

I would suggest just spending time in the FCLP pattern prior to going to the boat, meaning just get good at landing on the runway. Are you using any weather programs?

Outside of using the saved flights, use the "clear all weather" theme (if P3D has that) and spawn a carrier at 25kts. I've also seen the carrier act erratic if the "carrier into the wind" is checked in Tacpack.

@Victory103

I don't use TacPack up to now but I was toying with the idea of getting it.

I know this question is Tacpack related, but perhaps you can tell me, if it is possible to spawn the US Carriers anywhere on the world? I would like to place the carrier somewhere else than the fixed places in the loadable missions.

Thanks again for helping me.

1 hour ago, AIXtreme2K said:

I know this question is Tacpack related, but perhaps you can tell me, if it is possible to spawn the US Carriers anywhere on the world? I would like to place the carrier somewhere else than the fixed places in the loadable missions.

Yes, Tacpack gives you the ability to spawn a carrier wherever you would like to place one.  There are a couple of other programs that allow you to either spawn carriers or place them on routes.  AICarriers is one and it doesn't require Tacpack.  I have both but usually use the Tacpack function now when I spawn a carrier.

Archived