kroswynd

March's 2017 Screen Shot Competition - Treacherous/Mountainous Terrain!!

I have neglected to give some leeway to the more adventurous crew members among us who operate in and or around treacherous terrain.  This month show us some of the hair-raising regions that you may fly into or navigate around to get your final destinations.  Overhead shots of mountains, while very scenic will not be given much consideration.

Users are allowed to change their posted image up until the time frame allowing you to do so expires.  If you fail to post an image based on the theme of the month, it is very likely that the image will not be considered during "judgement day"

As Always   - All participants are ONLY allowed 1 image

15724536737_cbe4679957_k.jpg

15891473906_1e6f14c29b_o.png

17282446335_6a8dc53f93_o.png

16659992874_f4501ee31d_o.png

25539527903_e07d423416_k.jpg

18837170014_9c3a2b29e3_o.png

Good Luck to ALL!!

• Upvote 1

GREAT IDEA!!  Finding scenery for perfect, realistic looking Alps style mountains is holy grail!!!  All I have is crappy FSX default mountains.  Let's see if I can work on creating screenshot using FSX default mountains

Regards,

Aharon

Hey Aharon, I'm not sure if Aerosoft sells any terrain elevation data/mesh for FSX, so if they don't, you can always get some detailed elevation data at such places like Simviation.  Hope that helps!  I know having such mesh is a must for any virtual glider pilots like myself.  For comparison it adds at least 1000' than what default FSX terrain mesh shows.

Scott

Whoops, sorry Aharon, I didn't quite finish what the 1000' was about.  When flying at Mt Cook, default terrain mesh shows the elevation of it at least 1000' less than actual elevation.

Scott

After a little search, I found the following statement by myself in 2008, so I'm sure with todays computers one can get even better looking terrain without too much FPS lose.  Anyway, here is the statement ... " I've got to say, if anyone is using the default mesh for the Mt Cook area, you're missing the top 2,000ft."  The attached sreenshot gives you an idea of what a person is missing if using default mesh.  Moderators, please do not enter this into this months contest.  Thanks!

Scott

0001Difference2.jpg

@Aharon I had the exactly same problem like you! But after one hour flying around in Austria I managed to capture this one:

fsx2017-03-0916-51-07-672.jpg

• Upvote 2

Nilo4,

That is most brilliant screenshot and perfect for March screenshot contest's theme. 

Regards,

Aharon

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Aharon said:

Nilo4,

That is most brilliant screenshot and perfect for March screenshot contest's theme. 

Regards,

Aharon

I'd like to see this twin actual land there. The shot is great..... I'd got the weird impression it was a King Air with some 50 cal cannons in the nose attacking Courchevel.:lol:

I think Sim's shots are outstanding. I'm trying to figure out how to beat them. :mellow:

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, edetroit said:

I'd like to see this twin actual land there. The shot is great..... I'd got the weird impression it was a King Air with some 50 cal cannons in the nose attacking Courchevel.:lol:I think Sim's shots are outstanding. I'm trying to figure out how to beat them. :mellow:

Edetroit,

LOL  It would take Hail Mary MIRACLE to beat Nilo4's amazing screenshot!!

I did not even know that Chourchevel did NOT have 4 PAPI lights!!!!

Regards,

Aharon

• Upvote 1

Sending in one outside competition... Our Aspen Extended.  If you check out our scenery you will find a lot that is mountain related. We just love flying mountains.

AspenFinal_7.jpg.ac38a6bc1ce08547315033f2a83e5d15.jpg

• Upvote 3

Knowing that I will never beat Nilo4's utterly amazing screenshot, presenting my simple screenshot to meet this month's screenshot contest requirements.

an23_zpsf8cfe049.jpg

Full story about this exciting flight can be found in Aerosoft screenshot forum.

Regards,

Aharon

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Roelio said:

It doesn't get more treacherous than bushflying in bad weather ;)

That's more like it! Great shot!

• Upvote 1

On 15-3-2017 at 2:32 PM, edetroit said:

That's more like it! Great shot!

Thanks Ed!

Scotth6 got it right according to specific descriptions of contest!!  Is that Hawaii???  That is darn awesome shot.