March's 2017 Screen Shot Competition - Treacherous/Mountainous Terrain!!

• Deputy Sheriffs

I have neglected to give some leeway to the more adventurous crew members among us who operate in and or around treacherous terrain.  This month show us some of the hair-raising regions that you may fly into or navigate around to get your final destinations.  Overhead shots of mountains, while very scenic will not be given much consideration.

Users are allowed to change their posted image up until the time frame allowing you to do so expires.  If you fail to post an image based on the theme of the month, it is very likely that the image will not be considered during "judgement day"

As Always   - All participants are ONLY allowed 1 image

Please login to display this image.

Good Luck to ALL!!

GREAT IDEA!!  Finding scenery for perfect, realistic looking Alps style mountains is holy grail!!!  All I have is crappy FSX default mountains.  Let's see if I can work on creating screenshot using FSX default mountains

Regards,

Aharon

Hey Aharon, I'm not sure if Aerosoft sells any terrain elevation data/mesh for FSX, so if they don't, you can always get some detailed elevation data at such places like Simviation.  Hope that helps!  I know having such mesh is a must for any virtual glider pilots like myself.  For comparison it adds at least 1000' than what default FSX terrain mesh shows.

Scott

Whoops, sorry Aharon, I didn't quite finish what the 1000' was about.  When flying at Mt Cook, default terrain mesh shows the elevation of it at least 1000' less than actual elevation.

Scott

After a little search, I found the following statement by myself in 2008, so I'm sure with todays computers one can get even better looking terrain without too much FPS lose.  Anyway, here is the statement ... " I've got to say, if anyone is using the default mesh for the Mt Cook area, you're missing the top 2,000ft."  The attached sreenshot gives you an idea of what a person is missing if using default mesh.  Moderators, please do not enter this into this months contest.  Thanks!

Scott

1 hour ago, Aharon said:

Nilo4,

That is most brilliant screenshot and perfect for March screenshot contest's theme. 

Regards,

Aharon

I'd like to see this twin actual land there. The shot is great..... I'd got the weird impression it was a King Air with some 50 cal cannons in the nose attacking Courchevel.:lol:

I think Sim's shots are outstanding. I'm trying to figure out how to beat them. :mellow:

22 hours ago, edetroit said:

I'd like to see this twin actual land there. The shot is great..... I'd got the weird impression it was a King Air with some 50 cal cannons in the nose attacking Courchevel.:lol:I think Sim's shots are outstanding. I'm trying to figure out how to beat them. :mellow:

Edetroit,

LOL  It would take Hail Mary MIRACLE to beat Nilo4's amazing screenshot!!

I did not even know that Chourchevel did NOT have 4 PAPI lights!!!!

Regards,

Aharon

Knowing that I will never beat Nilo4's utterly amazing screenshot, presenting my simple screenshot to meet this month's screenshot contest requirements.

Full story about this exciting flight can be found in Aerosoft screenshot forum.

Regards,

Aharon

Archived