FSX quits without warning message

Lotus3xiG3

Dear simmers,

At four of my latest five flights I had the following problem:

FSX quits without any warning message! Before that the FSX freezes, but sound is still there and the "busy pointer" is appearing... 

I never had any problem with something like that, even my laptop, yep FSX on a laptop, isn't "the beast":

Windows 8.1 64-Bit

Intel i7-3630QM

GeForce GT 650M

Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB

I'm using FSX: SE with medium settings and stable FPS: On the ground 15-20 and in the air around 30.

The problem mainly occures near airports, especially when turning for the base. Those were:

Aerosoft MA Franfurt V2

Aerosoft Zürich 2012

Default LFPG      

Aircrafts:

Aerosoft's glorius A320

Carenado TBM850

In the event viewer it says:

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: fsx.exe, Version: 10.0.62615.0, Zeitstempel: 0x559f9a9a

Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: API.DLL, Version: 10.0.62615.0, Zeitstempel: 0x559f9ab5

Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005

Fehleroffset: 0x00100043

ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x1288

Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d28c68c2a42503

Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\fsx.exe

Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\API.DLL

Berichtskennung: f9b854e4-f86d-11e6-8401-a0b3cc4ed7e7

Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets:

Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist:

I hope this helps you a bit and we can get a solution, as online flying doesn't make fun with this situation!

regards

Lotus3xiG3

EDIT: All were VATSIM online flights using vPilot.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Google comes up with lots of hints related to problems with the FSX graphics system when searching for "fsx\api.dll crash".

Are you using DX10 and Steve's Fixer? If so, updating the fixer to the latest version fixed this problem in a couple of the cases I just found.

Vor 1 Stunde, Emanuel Hagen sagte:

Probably not, there are hundrets of possible causes for API.dll crashes.

Could you post a complete list of addons you own?

- Aerosoft A320/A321

- Carenado TBM850

- Carenado C182T

- MA Frankfurt V2.0

- MA Zürich 2012

- MA München

- GA 3 + new Hamburg Update

- Stuttgart X

- REX 4

- FS Global 2010

But how I said, I never had any problems with this combination... And I didn't change anything, but lowered the graphics setings a bit. This also didn't help! I'm very thankful that you guys are caring about this problem!

Hi Lotus,

Can you post your fsx.cfg settings? Because a bad configuration could cause API.dll crashes, for example a bad Affinity Mask or Buffer Pools configuration? Meanwhile you can reset your fsx.cfg and check (remember do a backup of that file)

Problem solved! I made a flight offline and the problem didn't appear...

-> problem is caused by the VATSIM client

-> checked vPilot settings and installed the latest update

-> I don't know why, but in my latest two flights no crash...

Sometimes things can be that easy!

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived