Another one with a critical error

mazelda

Hi Just bought this software and seems with the latest update there are problems

The version that I downloaded and installed was 1.4.0 and all seemed ok  then once it is shut down and restarted it tells me there is and update which it then installs 1.4.5 rev11 simstarter initially starts and I can choose which sim I want this loads then after a few seconds  I get a message saying    CRITICAL ERROR SCHEMEFILE PROGRAM SETTINGS CURRUPT cant run simstarter ng .

The program then shuts down

and does this every time I try to rstart it  until I uninstall it and start again it then seems to work  until it then updates again.

can you please find a fix

thanks

• Developer

Just to clearify:

If you just install the 1.4.0 version and start NG several times everthing works fine. If you perform the update a SCHEME error comes up?

Can you pls post the .\log\SIMstarter NG.log

Can you try to disable AntiVirus before starting the update?

Does not look like a general problem because a lot of people have updated already without any issues.

Hi

Yes if I run version 1.4.0 everything seems to work fine

Still learning how to use  the program but I can access all menus.

Once the program is shut down,  and restarted, It ask if I want to update to the latest version. I select yes and the update occurs, after a few seconds the update finishes and lets me select the sim of choice ( in my case p3dv3) and it searches for the aircraft lists.When it

finishes i get the flight control centre screen

after a few seconds  or immediately  i click on the program settings it crashes with the scheme error

This has been done with both my Anti virus on and off. The same result occurs have attached the log file

SIMstarter NG.log

will uninstall and go back to 1.4.0 until a fix can be figured out

Thanks

Rgds

Archived