EDDF v2.08 fps problem

Mike Ionas

6 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Have you experimented with the same location without the add-on? I do see some rather big FPS fluctuations on default EDDF when my view is towards the city.

Yes. The problem is only there when Frankfurt is active, even when everything else in the sim is disabled. With everything else enabled and Frankfurt disabled everything goes back to normal.

• Developer
vor 23 Minuten, Mar97 sagte:

For me: Yes. I use:

[BufferPools]
PoolSize=0
UsePools=1

I don't think that this is a good option. If you have UsePools=1 (on), you should have a PoolSize>0 defined.

If you don't want to use Bufferpools, then set UsePools=0. With this setting I have the better results. But Enabled pools with the size 0 makes no sense for me.

• Aerosoft
On 4/21/2017 at 11:20 AM, Mar97 said:

The result of my test(s) is that those 2 files cause 75% of the appearing drops:

EDDF_PH_lib.bgl
EDDF_TH_lib.bgl

If you turn them off, fps just drop down to ca. 15 instead of 5. 
Unfortunately those 2 contain nearly every object (building etc.).

So even without the vast majority of objects you only get 15 FPS? And you get a solid 30 FPS normally?

Have you tried disabling the FPS lock? It's horribly bugged and I only use it when my average FPS are 70 or so. 

• Developer

Please also try to switch off the "Roadtraffic" in the FS Display ->Traffic config (set to 0%).

Have just make a test in a scenery, where i have an smooth average of 150 frames. When I switch on the roadtraffic, I have not only a significant frame drop , I also hanging sim when I move the aircraft (frames go down to less 20 that moment), look simular to what is disscussed here.

Yes, even drop with the library off. If you continue to switch off the ground textures too, then I have again my 30 fps. 
I've also made tests without frame locker with no change in the result.
Every kind of traffic is also already disabled.
I tried everything I could image. It's definitly a problem caused by the scenery or the scenery combined with my system (or the systems of the about 50 users I talked to having the same problem).

• Developer

When the issue is in the scenery, then only in combination with you system, other Products or settings. Otherwise not only 50 users will talk with you about this issue.

The only way to find your issue is, first to  get the same base to talk about the basics:

• set the weather to the default "clear weather"
  • set all AI, Apron and road traffic to off
  • select the default default cessna or B737
  • go into 2D Cockpit View, press W until the cockpit is Off
  • set time to day (12h AM)
  • switch off any VFR related product for this area (I know, for ORBX Product nearly impossible, but that's not an issue for the local product we discuss)

This is the minimum base to compare the situation in your Frankfurt Area with others or other locations. When the Problem is still present, then we can talk about other parts to "reset", like your FSX.cfg tweaks, and maybe we can at the and say, where the issue is generated.

• Aerosoft
13 hours ago, Mar97 said:

I tried everything I could image. It's definitly a problem caused by the scenery or the scenery combined with my system (or the systems of the about 50 users I talked to having the same problem).

Where have you discussed this with 50 users? We are unaware of such numbers and with more users we might find things that they have in common. 

It seems strange that if 50 users have an issue you say makes the product unusable have not contacted us!

vor 21 Stunden , OPabst sagte:

When the issue is in the scenery, then only in combination with you system, other Products or settings. Otherwise not only 50 users will talk with you about this issue.

The only way to find your issue is, first to  get the same base to talk about the basics:

• set the weather to the default "clear weather"
  • set all AI, Apron and road traffic to off
  • select the default default cessna or B737
  • go into 2D Cockpit View, press W until the cockpit is Off
  • set time to day (12h AM)
  • switch off any VFR related product for this area (I know, for ORBX Product nearly impossible, but that's not an issue for the local product we discuss)

This is the minimum base to compare the situation in your Frankfurt Area with others or other locations. When the Problem is still present, then we can talk about other parts to "reset", like your FSX.cfg tweaks, and maybe we can at the and say, where the issue is generated.

Yes, it has to be something with the system.
I tried already the things you mentioned above.
I made a clear install of FSX and only installed the service packs and EDDF v2. No other addon, no tweaked cfg. 
Just FSX + EDDF v2 and I got the fps drops.
Some of the users I talked to changed to P3D, because they thought that would solve the problem but it did not.
So I'm no scenery creator and can't say if there was a different way EDDF v2 was programmed than the scenerys before so that this causes those fps drops on certain systems.
You've got me stumped and I hope somebody else finds a solution ...

vor 10 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

Where have you discussed this with 50 users? We are unaware of such numbers and with more users we might find things that they have in common. 

It seems strange that if 50 users have an issue you say makes the product unusable have not contacted us!

I found a lot of users through Facebook and forums. A lot are "quiet followers" and others just gave up because everybody told them that also Aerosoft has no solution for this problem. 
As I said, some tried P3D but that did not solve the problem.
I tried to find common things:
A big number (ca. 1/2) uses the same processor (i7 4790k @ 4,0 Ghz). The others also use an intel processor (but a different).
Also everybody uses a NVIDIA GTX XXX.
More commonalities could not be found by me.
Maybe more users could mention their system specs, Flightsimulator version etc. here.

• Aerosoft

If these quiet followers would come forward we might be able to help them. You were able to find them even though they are quiet, I follow most forums and I simply don't see them. And you contacted all of those 50 to find out about there hardware? 

I do not deny you got the issue, that indeed we do not know how to solve as we can't recreate it and almost nobody seems to have it, but I am not very happy by the way you twitch this discussion.

I think I found the problem, for P3D v3.4 I am using at least. If the option of Buildings reflections is de-selected under Water and Bathymetry the fps problem is almost disappearing. It is completely disappearing if I de-select Building Cast/Receive under Shadows, although this does not have such a significant impact as the Buildings Reflections and can be left on.

This is the only airport where this is happening and the logical question is why Building Reflections on Water cause this issue since there is no water body in the airport?

• 6 months later...

Archived