Corrupted pull down menu in supporting programs

por928

For some time now, I have noticed an issue in my W7 FSX machine where the pull down lists for some of the FSX supporting software do not pull down fully enabling me to get to any item on the list, other than the top item. The problem does not appear to be with FSX itself, as I can go into its settings and use all lists and commands with no issue at any time.

It is some of the supporting programs When FSX is running, such as: EZCA, where the list refuse to scroll down and they leave artifacts on the screen box area when they do scroll.  Or, Aerosoft Airbus x Fuel Planner scroll boxes do not pull down, and recently, the great little program called, Where Are My Aircraft, which also uses scrolled lists, do not scroll down.

Now, the strange thing is, When FSX is not running, all these programs lists scroll correctly. BUT, when I have say the Aerosoft Airbus x Fuel Planner open and clicking a pull down list while FSX is loading, everything works as it should. But, after 3/4 loading FSX, the scrolling ability stops in these programs. Some thing must be dodgy with my FSX. I have many add-on sceneries and to take them out of the problem? I disabled them all, so that only the FSX base sceneries load.

Tonight, I was about to remove FSX and rebuild, but then realised, I have a lot of added programs, so, trying to work out the cause may save me many hours(days) of stripping and rebuilding. I could also use the 'repair' function within the FSX disk, but this tends to also cause damage to the updates, especially simConnect and .Net loads. But, may have no choice... In my FSX-SE system on a W10 machine, everything works great.

If anyone as any suggestions, I will gladly try anything. 

OK, Fixed it.....I can use the Airbus X Fuel Planner pull down lists. It was an Aero issue. From a lot of help in another forum, I got it working and now I can use the Airbus X Fuel Planner, as well as other support programs. 

When FSX had loaded, I could only get the Airbus X Fuel Planner pull down lists to work by first opening up services and turning off and then turning back on the Desktop Windows Manager dwm.exe, which then restarts the Aero function after FSX has started. The pull down lists now work correctly. To make the task easier a batch file is created.

It was just a case of setting up a .bat file within the FSX.exe load area, with the instructions to locate and start fsx.exe, then stop uxsms and restart uxsms, (the Desktop Window Manager session Manager commands). Then placing a shortcut on the screen, with Administrative rights, linking to the .bat file. Simply select the screen shortcut to start loading FSX. The batch file then stops and restarts Aero, making it active after FSX loads. Problem solved.

Archived