autothrottle

jaxondawg

hi guys so for the past few days my a319 has been acting up. i try to fly and get my speed up and when it reaches the target speed the auto throttle then puts the engines in full thrust and then idle to compensate. im not going to veen explain the horid noises i hear but im looking for a solution so that my speed can be constant without speeding up and slowing down every 2 seconds

Microsoft Flight Simulator 10 02.24.2017 - 17.49.38.01.mp4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Then please answer all questions which have been asked previously to get to the bottom of this problem.

I recreated the above with the IAE engines and about 6.5 tons of fuel in the A319 and still got a smooth response from the autothrottle, with cruise at about 1.185 EPR. 

Please login to display this image.

Try reinstalling the airbus, perhaps as an administrator?

EDIT: And make sure you installed all the hotfixes?

Tom,

This happens on the A320, A318, A319 and sometimes the A321.

I believe it has something to do with the state the airplane thinks it's in. I found I can recreate the problem if I go around on an ILS approach (I used KSFO) and then climbed to 3000 ft and maintained at almost any speed (Most commonly 260KIAS)

The A321 only seems to do this once in a while but in it's case it always occurs when I use the RAD NAV screen on the laft MCDU to enter an ILS approach frequency. The aircraft also refuses to enter LOC mode before approach.

18 hours ago, Tom A320 said:

Then please answer all questions which have been asked previously to get to the bottom of this problem.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I would like to suggest you work yourself through this topic:

Please follow the instructions in point 2 to the point as there is a meaning in each step and it's position in the list.

Tom,

Thanks for the... detailed reply. I have tried all the steps in the guide you provided including the .NET package fixes. I will try and reinstall since I am lately having much more errors with the airbus bundle.

Archived